Old 23 December 2008, 14:14   #21

Town: Looe
Make: Delta
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury
Ex MoD Gemini's are Longshaft, standard engine is a 40hp.
Old 23 December 2008, 19:26   #22

Town: Bangor,Co Down
Make: Gemini/ Avon
I bought a new 50 Tohatsu two stroke in July 08 and a Merit 2 trailer but haven't had a chance to put the thing in the water yet but I'll keep you posted when I do.
Old 01 January 2009, 10:00   #23

Town: Worcestershire
Boat name: Not Yet Named
Make: Avon SR 4
Engine: 40 HP Yamaha Autolub
Seeing this brought back a lot of memories - I drove one of these for many years - and in some VERY rough seas- they are awesome craft. I looked up my old logs and we ran with a 40HP Long Shaft - though we didnt have the problems of rigging and de-rigging the engine - it was fixed on of course. I wish you luck with her - she should give you years of pleasure.
Old 09 August 2015, 21:33   #24

Town: Cornwall
Boat name: ANB1423
Make: Gemini
Engine: 40hp Evinrude
Good Evening,

All, firstly I'd like to thank you for the above information as I have just bought one of these Ribs and being honest didn't know very much about them. Some of the above already answers my questions I had.

My Gemini Rib is 4.5m long and 2m wide, I bought it from photos and then collected it deflated the guy wasn't very forth coming with information so I was wondering if you could give me a rough estimate for the PSI to inflate it too?

Also I have to replace 4 of the A5 Valve seats, is this an easy job or is it better to replace the complete valves in a one'r? He did recommend Henshaws to get them.

Any advice you could give me would be great, I will post some pictures soon of the rib. It will carry a 40hp Evinrude S.Shaft 2 Stroke on the back of it once I am home to put it all together, many thanks. Adam
Old 22 August 2015, 00:04   #25

Good Evening,

All, firstly I'd like to thank you for the above information as I have just bought one of these Ribs and being honest didn't know very much about them. Some of the above already answers my questions I had.

My Gemini Rib is 4.5m long and 2m wide, I bought it from photos and then collected it deflated the guy wasn't very forth coming with information so I was wondering if you could give me a rough estimate for the PSI to inflate it too?

Also I have to replace 4 of the A5 Valve seats, is this an easy job or is it better to replace the complete valves in a one'r? He did recommend Henshaws to get them.

Any advice you could give me would be great, I will post some pictures soon of the rib. It will carry a 40hp Evinrude S.Shaft 2 Stroke on the back of it once I am home to put it all together, many thanks. Adam
Old 22 August 2015, 00:07   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraemeCooper View Post
Seeing this brought back a lot of memories - I drove one of these for many years - and in some VERY rough seas- they are awesome craft. I looked up my old logs and we ran with a 40HP Long Shaft - though we didnt have the problems of rigging and de-rigging the engine - it was fixed on of course. I wish you luck with her - she should give you years of pleasure.
Good Evening,

Old 22 August 2015, 08:21   #27

Length: 3m +
General advice is to inflate to hard enough you can barely make a dent using just ur fist. Probably 2.5psi. But take it in easy steps to get there.
Old 22 August 2015, 19:45   #28

Hi mate,

Thanks for the info, as I am a complete novice to these! Crew change home tomorrow so will be posting some pictures soon.

Thanks again,

Adam
Old 13 March 2017, 21:29   #29

Town: LYMINGTON
Boat name: Valkyrie
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard
Gemini Manufacturer

Been reading this thread on here and I was wondering if anyone knows who the manufacturer was for these Gemini inflatables? TIA
Old 14 March 2017, 08:34   #30

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueone View Post
Been reading this thread on here and I was wondering if anyone knows who the manufacturer was for these Gemini inflatables? TIA
gemini i dont know but you could start here.
Old 17 March 2017, 18:21   #31

Town: LYMINGTON
Boat name: Valkyrie
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
gemini i dont know but you could start here.
Well it's funny you should say that... We own Gemini Marine UK and we are the sole UK distributors of Gemini inflatables and RHIBs for the UK and Ireland. Geminis have only been represented in the UK once before as an off shoot from Clipper Events about 15 years ago. I have checked with the factory in South Africa and the British Forces Gemini is not one of there's. All of the directors of Gemini UK are ex military (Army not Navy though) so we keep hearing about Gemini from Royals and SF guys etc but no one seems to know where they came from and what happened to these Geminis... the saga continues!
Old 17 March 2017, 19:12   #32

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueone View Post
Well it's funny you should say that... We own Gemini Marine UK and we are the sole UK distributors of Gemini inflatables and RHIBs for the UK and Ireland. Geminis have only been represented in the UK once before as an off shoot from Clipper Events about 15 years ago. I have checked with the factory in South Africa and the British Forces Gemini is not one of there's. All of the directors of Gemini UK are ex military (Army not Navy though) so we keep hearing about Gemini from Royals and SF guys etc but no one seems to know where they came from and what happened to these Geminis... the saga continues!

That kinda answers one for me as I have dived with lots of military divers and they refer to inflateables as Geminis or zodiacs I guess army disposal could have the answer like Babcocks, woods of crediton, knights in Plymouth or were the boats made especially like the Pacific's / rigid raiders and just named Geminis
I had a Gemini outboard many years ago Italian made I think as another.

Didn't jack Cousteau refer to the Gemini on his expeditions. ( French link)
Edit
Reading Wikipedia it says after jack Cousteau recommended the zodiac boats they got too. Busy and farmed work out to about 10 companies Humber being one of them so was the name Gemini used by one of them being the third star sign?
Interesting
Old 17 March 2017, 20:04   #33

RIBase
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wh...Fbhw7ijO_rvzM:

I remember these up at faslane Barrus fuel tanks mariner engines!
Old 17 March 2017, 21:04   #34

RIBase
Rogueone

RFD joined zodiac early years RFD joined Beaufort now part of the suvitec group who still make boats for the armed forces for info.