Old 24 December 2019, 19:03   #1

Town: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Boat name: Bella
Make: Honwave
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard 15hp
RIBase
Folding launch trailer

Has anyone got one of these off ebay. If so could you send us a picture of how small they pack away and any advice would be fab. I have wheels on the the honwave but they are poor on thick sand and gives me a hernia everytime I try to pull it up. Thanks... Capt cod out Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191224-200244_eBay.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	131775Attachment 1
Old 25 December 2019, 22:37   #2

Town: Crail
Boat name: Onward
Make: Honwave T32-IE
Engine: Mercury 2 st 15 hp
MMSI: 235913495
Hi - one of those was included when I bought my Honwave T32 and outboard package from a fellow forum member. I don't often use it as I fitted transom wheels, since I sometimes need to be able to land at different points en route before returning to the initial launch point and certainly wouldn't be able to carry the trolley on board.

Please note that it does not fold!

It dismantles so may be carried in your vehicle if you have room. The size when dismantled is pretty much per your picture. I've added below pictures of it assembled as well as disassembled - note that the T-bar handle was an addition made by the previous owner - it does make it much more manoeuvrable. Also I changed from nuts and bolts to D clips to speed up the assembly/dismantling routine. Some of the square sections slide inside others so you can adjust the length, this also means they can take up slightly less space when transported.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Launch trolley 1.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	131782   Click image for larger version

Name:	Launch trolley 2.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	131783   Click image for larger version

Name:	Launch trolley handle.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	131784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Launch trolley wheels.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	131785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Launch trolley kit.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	131786  

Old 25 December 2019, 23:05   #3

Town: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Boat name: Bella
Make: Honwave
Engine: Outboard 15hp
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsview View Post
Hi - one of those was included when I bought my Honwave T32 and outboard package from a fellow forum member. I don't often use it as I fitted transom wheels, since I sometimes need to be able to land at different points en route before returning to the initial launch point and certainly wouldn't be able to carry the trolley on board.

Please note that it does not fold!

It dismantles so may be carried in your vehicle if you have room. The size when dismantled is pretty much per your picture. I've added below pictures of it assembled as well as disassembled - note that the T-bar handle was an addition made by the previous owner - it does make it much more manoeuvrable. Also I changed from nuts and bolts to D clips to speed up the assembly/dismantling routine. Some of the square sections slide inside others so you can adjust the length, this also means they can take up slightly less space when transported.
Thats a great review thanks , I think i may invest in one. I'm having great trouble with the pacer marine transom wheels on my boat. Getting them out when returning is so hard and inhale to be at least waist depth to be able to do this comfortably. Defeating the object really staying dry Haha. Any advice on how you deal with them. They are poor on sand I've found out. They are a right plain to get back out once I've ben out all day. So tight.

Thanks. Chris
Old 25 December 2019, 23:44   #4

Town: Crail
Boat name: Onward
Make: Honwave T32-IE
Engine: Mercury 2 st 15 hp
MMSI: 235913495
I agree the dogleg transom wheels shaped to go around the airfloor tabs are a pain. I don't have any problem getting them on and off from inside the boat though, I keep the ends and sockets fairly well coated with marine grade grease which helps. Lining up the holes to get the pins through can be a bit fiddly mind.

They're also not great when under a heavy load, wobbling about like an old granny's knees. I have a modified outboard trolley so tend to use that if possible to transport the 15HP 2-st motor up and down the slipway separately, thus reducing the weight the transom wheels have to cope with over any distance. I keep meaning to make some sort of jockey wheel to fit on the front handle on the T32 so I don't have to take much weight myself, as I have a dodgy knee.

However I may use the launch trolley more in future as we've just bought an SUV with 4WD which has a towball fitted so whilst I'm not keen to actually trailer the SIB I could add a towball adaptor to the launch trolley to use with the SUV on slipway launches.

I can't really advise on using the launch trolley for a beach launch as I haven't tried that yet but as the wheels and tyres are virtually identical to the those on the transom wheels I'm not sure they'd be any better as it comes. However it might be possible to refit it with sandhopper style wheels?

cheers
Roger
Old 01 January 2020, 20:58   #5

Town: ...
Boat name: none
Make: Honwave 3.5-AE
Engine: Mariner 6hp
I have one and for the price the quality is good but will rust of course
The advantage is the sib will be balanced on the wheels so you will not be lifting the weight of the sib when moving it
The back support angles are not adjustable and the wheels are quite small
I put on a tow hitch and use it as a cheap trailer to tow the sib a short distance to a slip
I use transom wheels too and getting it on and off the launcher would be a struggle without them
Old 02 January 2020, 19:02   #6

Town: Stansted, Essex, UK
Boat name: Jurassic
Make: Vintage Avon S4.00
Engine: Retro Mariner 15hp
MMSI: 232026907
I came across this on my interwebs travels, looks promising & they are on eBay too...

https://shop.titaps.com/Foldable-Lau...UPROD-TR350-LU