Old 30 March 2021, 16:58   #1

Town: Chelmsford
Length: 4m +
First Trip out of 2021

Now that we are allowed out to some extent me and her indoors thought we would go and see if our little 3.2 m Chinese Ali floored Sib was still OK in the Dingy park of our local boat yard. It has been sitting there for about 9 months and has not been moved at all. It is under a small tarp. Well I am pleased to say that it was still there and very much in tact and I only needed to put a very small amount of air in it which I thought was amazing.

Off we went with the 9.8 hp Tohatsu 2 stroke and some food and had a lovely day on the Deben. We went from felixstowe to Woodbridge with 2 stops and the little boat with 2 up performed perfectly. The little 9.8 pushes it along effortlesly at about 13 - 15 knots.

Here are a few pics and video from the day. Hopefully this will inspire some of you to get out locally in your boats if you can.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DEBEN 1.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	136734   Click image for larger version

Name:	DEBEN 2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	136735   Click image for larger version

Name:	DEBEN 3.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	136736   Click image for larger version

Name:	DEBEN 4.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	136737   Click image for larger version

Name:	DEBEN 5.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	136738  

Old 30 March 2021, 16:59   #2

Some more pics
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DEBEN 6.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	136739   Click image for larger version

Name:	DEBEN 7.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	136740   Click image for larger version

Name:	DEBEN 8.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	136741   Click image for larger version

Name:	DEBEN 9.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	136742   Click image for larger version

Name:	DEBEN 10.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	136743  

Old 30 March 2021, 17:01   #3

And a couple of little videos

Old 31 March 2021, 18:16   #4

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallribber View Post
Now that we are allowed out to some extent me and her indoors thought we would go and see if our little 3.2 m Chinese Ali floored Sib was still OK in the Dingy park of our local boat yard. It has been sitting there for about 9 months and has not been moved at all. It is under a small tarp. Well I am pleased to say that it was still there and very much in tact and I only needed to put a very small amount of air in it which I thought was amazing.

Off we went with the 9.8 hp Tohatsu 2 stroke and some food and had a lovely day on the Deben. We went from felixstowe to Woodbridge with 2 stops and the little boat with 2 up performed perfectly. The little 9.8 pushes it along effortlesly at about 13 - 15 knots.

Here are a few pics and video from the day. Hopefully this will inspire some of you to get out locally in your boats if you can.
Some nice pics SR, but I certainly don't need to be "inspired" to get out, just some time!
Old 31 March 2021, 18:19   #5

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Thanks for sharing SR nice day for it too
Old 31 March 2021, 20:45   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509926 View Post
Some nice pics SR, but I certainly don't need to be "inspired" to get out, just some time!
Long weekend is looming but not too sure about what the weather will bring
Old 31 March 2021, 20:50   #7

12th April - Ullswater - 5 days
Old 31 March 2021, 22:06   #8

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Had a bit of a runout on the orwell myself today ,still early but just stayed local as i didnt put any fuel stabiliser in for winter ,so had 78 litres of last seasons best to try and use up ,got back in with 60 litres and no hassle had a new 21 pitch prop to try and athough it is a bit over the required it did provide a smooth ride however chop was a little lacking but all the small winter fiddles must have been succesful .
See the dock are expecting the "Evergiven" next week ,just getting a little extra depth just in case !

Thanks SR for the info and maybe helped push me to having a run out !! good report
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20210331_144330_1.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	136774   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210331_141931_2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	136775  
Old 01 April 2021, 13:53   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
Had a bit of a runout on the orwell myself today ,still early but just stayed local as i didnt put any fuel stabiliser in for winter ,so had 78 litres of last seasons best to try and use up ,got back in with 60 litres and no hassle had a new 21 pitch prop to try and athough it is a bit over the required it did provide a smooth ride however chop was a little lacking but all the small winter fiddles must have been succesful .
See the dock are expecting the "Evergiven" next week ,just getting a little extra depth just in case !

Thanks SR for the info and maybe helped push me to having a run out !! good report
Thanks Orwell Boy. Good to see you have been out. Thats me an inspiration
Old 01 April 2021, 18:01   #10

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
Im fed up painting my wee house beside the sea Denis ..so taking tomorrow off to have my first trip out in 2021 ..yeah. Will need internet to get videos uploaded though... so a few days before that arrives as I'm out in the sticks now Thanks for the inspiration
Old 02 April 2021, 07:39   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gurnard View Post
Im fed up painting my wee house beside the sea Denis ..so taking tomorrow off to have my first trip out in 2021 ..yeah. Will need internet to get videos uploaded though... so a few days before that arrives as I'm out in the sticks now Thanks for the inspiration
Very glad you are in your new home. Always lots to do with a house move some exciting some not so much. I know Scotland have far more sensible and less stressful laws when buying a house so little or no chance of loosing your purchase like in England, But I was still concerned that something might have gone wrong.

It must be so nice living so close to your boating areas.

Get that internet sorted so that we can all once again share in your new location and adventures.

If I have inspired you that will be a world first.... It is always the other way round..... Enjoy your first trip out from your new home
Old 02 April 2021, 16:13   #12

This is my first time on the water this year. To be honest I was that weary from moving houses that I only had the energy to do half a shift on the water..but as its now only a two minute walk from the house ..I didn’t mind. I have the rest of my life to spend wandering the waters and sea near me now.

I was like a dog lifting its leg to mark its territory when I went boating in my back yard this morning.

It was the most stressful time in my life Denis..as there were three sellers..the divorce husband ..the ex wife who went bankrupt ..and the trustee who took on her debts. All had to agree and they only agreed in writing ..the day before I was due to move. Its all behind me now though and well worth the stress to be in the promised last..at last. City life just can’t compare or compete with living the good life
Old 02 April 2021, 16:18   #13

Town: Kent
Boat name: ever dry
Make: Elling KB350
Engine: Yamaha 15hp 2 stroke
Those really are amazing views, rest now the summer is coming and no more stress, just float your boat and enjoy.
Is your new home in these pictures, looks to be the promised land indeed.
Old 02 April 2021, 17:15   #14

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Well done Donny... it's behind you now and just the pleasure of proximity to the water from now on.
Old 02 April 2021, 17:32   #15

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gurnard View Post
This is my first time on the water this year. To be honest I was that weary from moving houses that I only had the energy to do half a shift on the water..but as its now only a two minute walk from the house ..I didn’t mind. I have the rest of my life to spend wandering the waters and sea near me now.

I was like a dog lifting its leg to mark its territory when I went boating in my back yard this morning.

It was the most stressful time in my life Denis..as there were three sellers..the divorce husband ..the ex wife who went bankrupt ..and the trustee who took on her debts. All had to agree and they only agreed in writing ..the day before I was due to move. Its all behind me now though and well worth the stress to be in the promised last..at last. City life just can’t compare or compete with living the good life
Beutiful backyard Donny ,i reckon the scottish tourist board should make you an honarary ambassador ,can i cross the border on the 26th april please ?
Old 02 April 2021, 17:36   #16

Donny

That does indeed sound like Stress but excellent now it is all done and dusted. All now going in the right direction lighter nights, Better weather and days out to look forward to.

I keep looking for Properties to buy in Scotland but sort of got no clue where to look budget up to about £150K max but would love a small place for less or even a small plot of land to put a tent or log cabin on. I keep dreaming who knows What might happen

Have you got that Internet sorted out yet and are you going to have TV in this property
Old 02 April 2021, 17:39   #17

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
>>>the ex wife who went bankrupt

Better change the locks in case she fancies getting her feet back under the table with a wealthy man with a boat!
Old 02 April 2021, 18:19   #18

Beautiful looking "back yard" I don't suppose you'll get much use out of your new house during the warmer months being so close to the water.
2nd picture - is that Loch Leven?
Old 02 April 2021, 19:11   #19

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Well done Donny had my fingers crossed for you mate soon as we can I’ll be up for a wee dram to warm the hoose
Old 03 April 2021, 07:00   #20

Thanks folks ... It was a great day even though I was very tired. The photos are of Loch Etive which is a two minute walk from the house but I was careful not to include the house as I don’t want to risk being swamped by uninvited fans.

My reason for moving is that I personally could not go through another three month lockdown without boating. I suspect lockdowns will be around for a few years yet .. so I can take my daily exercise rowing round the loch and there is no one who can say Im breaking the rules...when Lockdown three arrives.

Although it used most my life savings ..I can easily live on my pension. The house has solar panels on the roof and a wood burning stove. My plan is use the boat to collect the driftwood for the stove. Of course there are plenty cod, ling and mackerel to be found in the sea loch..as well as the species Im not supposed to catch..but when I cant tell a sea trout from a gurnard.. whoi can blame me if I get a few for the pot ? So cheap to live the good life

Some more photos from yesterday

And of course I only need to run the Falls of Lora to reach open sea ..thisd is a video I made of running the falls last year..it was during the spring tides and full flow ...

Yup..Im going to have a ball in the promised land. Internet will be arriving at the end of next week so more videos not long after..