Old 11 March 2022, 13:07   #21

Town: Newport
Make: Elling KB 350
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
See ours set up for sea... using this method you can place it where you want for weight distribution.

It was a very choppy day and it stayed in place nicely. Note it has a section of Aldi gym mat underneath to aid grip and protect airdeck.
Can't quite see where the yellow bungy cords are going - do they hook onto the mat? I take it that's one of the 60cm by 60cm you see everywhere.

The second fuel can - do you transfer from that or has it a connector?

Do you find you need a tiller extension?
Old 11 March 2022, 13:21   #22

Town: Portsmouth
Boat name: Explorer 4
Make: Elling KB350
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8 & 6
MMSI: 235913442
I use the same method re the tank(s) if it’s likely to be choppy and attach to the lower internal line that runs each side. Tend to locate it further forward if I’m solo. I carry additional 5ltr can but rarely need to top up when using either the 6 or 9.8. If longer trip planned then will carry two 12ltr tanks: helps as both my outboards are tohatsu with the same fittings.

The floor is protected by 1.5m of 3mm thick rubber ‘chequer plate’ style mat but on a well known auction site to which I glued a cheap exercise foam mat. Tanks sit on this and also protects against hooks and spines!

Tiller extension is used subject to weather and how quickly I want to get to my mark. It’s 650mm and puts me where I want when solo. Easily attached and detached and folded up out of the way.
Old 11 March 2022, 13:26   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
I use the same method re the tank(s) if it’s likely to be choppy and attach to the lower internal line that runs each side. Tend to locate it further forward if I’m solo. I carry additional 5ltr can but rarely need to top up when using either the 6 or 9.8. If longer trip planned then will carry two 12ltr tanks: helps as both my outboards are tohatsu with the same fittings.

The floor is protected by 1.5m of 3mm thick rubber ‘chequer plate’ style mat but on a well known auction site to which I glued a cheap exercise foam mat. Tanks sit on this and also protects against hooks and spines!

Tiller extension is used subject to weather and how quickly I want to get to my mark. It’s 650mm and puts me where I want when solo. Easily attached and detached and folded up out of the way.
1 - the lower internal line that runs each side - can you explain a little more?

2 -so the mat is glued onto the full length rubber mat and just folded into the boat - yes?

3 Just found 3mm 1.5m rubber mat - widths 0.5 and 1m. what did you get?
not sure the internal width of the floor

thanks
Old 11 March 2022, 13:40   #24

On mine (and I assume on them all?) there are two lines that run above the floor from about 0.5m from the bow to the rear port and starboard. These are what I attach the bungees to.

The mat is 0.5m wide and 1.5m long. The exercise mat (Aldi) is glued under this and then trimmed to size. This is then simply laid on top of the inflated floor. The internal width of the floor is 0.7m so fits nicely without a squeeze or any creasing.

If t ever stops raining I will be setting up and checking everything before going out and will take some pics if interested…and assuming I can work out how to post them! I have one when setting up to go out on Windermere which I will try and post now! I can PM it to you in the interim if that helps?
Old 11 March 2022, 13:40   #25

Town: Up North and right a bit
Make: XS500/Merc340/Bic245
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mar 60/20/3.5/Hon2.3
Same here.
Adjustable strap through lower grab lines and tank handle. Could also pass adjustable strap under floor for a more secure set up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3701.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	140016
Old 11 March 2022, 13:41   #26

Quote:
On mine (and I assume on them all?) there are two lines that run above the floor from about 0.5m from the bow to the rear port and starboard. These are what I attach the bungees to.

The mat is 0.5m wide and 1.5m long. The exercise mat (Aldi) is glued under this and then trimmed to size. This is then simply laid on top of the inflated floor. The internal width of the floor is 0.7m so fits nicely without a squeeze or any creasing.

If t ever stops raining I will be setting up and checking everything before going out and will take some pics if interested…and assuming I can work out how to post them! I have one when setting up to go out on Windermere which I will try and post now! I can PM it to you in the interim if that helps?
yes please - thanks
Old 11 March 2022, 13:46   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipko View Post
Same here.
Adjustable strap through lower grab lines and tank handle. Could also pass adjustable strap under floor for a more secure set up.

Attachment 140016
Brilliant
Old 12 March 2022, 14:42   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipko View Post
Same here.

Attachment 140016
Is that a suitcase strap?
Old 12 March 2022, 18:06   #29

Town: Up North and right a bit
Make: XS500/Merc340/Bic245
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mar 60/20/3.5/Hon2.3
Yes, well spotted.
1.8m long luggage strap for a couple of quid off FleaBay.
As previously mentioned, for a more secure setup lay under floor prior to inflation, and you can really cinch the tank down tight.
Old 12 March 2022, 20:23   #30

Thanks
Old 12 March 2022, 22:08   #31

Town: Chichester
Engine: Tohatsu 6/9.8
These are my wheels: big fat pneumatic 330mm from Suprod. They do sit above the transom when underway, but you could of course remove entirely if you wanted to. I do like a bigger wheel, and I do like a pneumatic as well - I think they grip a little better, and a bit more forgiving. Size really helps with rougher terrain as well, like the steep wooden slatted slipway we often use.

Much as I like the Elling, there were a few things I think Honwave did better - the fuel tank reinforced floor area and strap on the Honwave is one example. Handles are another one - there simply aren't enough of them on the Elling for me, and I don't really like the seat-belt style grab rail along the side for holding on. I've added 2x big handles up front, which are good for two people pulling up the slip, and I'm thinking of adding a few more grab handles along the tube as well - although struggling to find soft PVC ones like the Honwave has (don't want more big solid handles).

You can see the handles I added in this pic:

Old 13 March 2022, 09:28   #32

Town: London
Boat name: No Name
Make: Honwave
Engine: Outboard
I saw on a recent you Tube video that mounting the wheels about 5mm off from vertical ie splayed outwards a little when down helps a lot when pulling
Old 13 March 2022, 09:59   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonbonbon View Post
I saw on a recent you Tube video that mounting the wheels about 5mm off from vertical ie splayed outwards a little when down helps a lot when pulling
Thanks
Old 13 March 2022, 10:02   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonbonbon View Post
Might make them narrow when up. Might interfere with the motor.
Unless removed of course.
Old 14 March 2022, 19:30   #35

Quote:

Why only partial length of the boat for the rubber?
also, what's under the inflatable floor?
Thanks
Old 14 March 2022, 19:56   #36

The rubber mat is positioned to protect the floor from bass spines and hooks. Don’t need the whole length.

The floor sits on the base of the boat: nothing under it except the inflatable keel which sits ‘outside’ under the floor.
Old 14 March 2022, 19:57   #37

Thanks
Old 14 March 2022, 20:10   #38

No problem.
Old 29 March 2022, 08:21   #39

Town: Odense
Boat name: Bonito
Make: Whaly
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard 40 hp
Hi there. I just ordered a Elling KB-350 from the EU dealer in Lithuania (I live in Denmark). They still have 1 in stock if anyone else are interested. I will be using it for fishing and spearfishing here in Denmark. So far I have a 8 HP 2 stroke Yamaha Enduro, but I am keeping an eye out for the holy grail like everybody else
Old 29 March 2022, 08:44   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian S View Post
Hi there. I just ordered a Elling KB-350 from the EU dealer in Lithuania (I live in Denmark). They still have 1 in stock if anyone else are interested. I will be using it for fishing and spearfishing here in Denmark. So far I have a 8 HP 2 stroke Yamaha Enduro, but I am keeping an eye out for the holy grail like everybody else
Nice. Thanks for update.