Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Looks like they do a good range of boats-i remember you questioning about putting a 50 on the back of yours-just noticed that they rate yours as a max 40 4 stroke, must be a weight limit, so your 2 stroke shouldnt be a problem at all. Did you try the 1/2 choke on your last outing???
I think motor wieght is 120 kg so the Hatsu is well within that . i see the later ones have been downgraded to 30hp .4 strokes seem to be ruining the potential of small boats
I haven't been out since the weekend , i just ran the motor up in a big dustbin to see how it ran with different air screw settings .

A manual would be useful , any idea where i can get one ?
Old 23 September 2008, 20:46   #42

Town: Sussex
Make: Ceasar Surfcat
Engine: Tohatsu 50hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes View Post
I think motor wieght is 120 kg so the Hatsu is well within that . i see the later ones have been downgraded to 30hp .4 strokes seem to be ruining the potential of small boats
I haven't been out since the weekend , i just ran the motor up in a big dustbin to see how it ran with different air screw settings .

A manual would be useful , any idea where i can get one ?
You should be able to buy a service manual from where you got your motor from-i keep meaning to get onto them to get one myself-the clymer manuals only go upto 2001 engines(50D) not the 50D2.
Old 23 September 2008, 22:10   #43

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes View Post
IA manual would be useful , any idea where i can get one ?
Let me see if I can get a PDF version for you, you must have finished your 10 hour break 25:1 period, seems that engine needs a good mechanic to have it tuned right, or at least as you want it to be, somebody mentioned as having to hear good music from every cylinder when playing with individual carb mixture screw.

Right tuning procedures on Company manuals are very info light, many lacks complete information, that's why dealer mechanics or particular ones need to be factory trained by tecnician to be skilled and that takes lots of trial/error time to get it right. Fortunately, don't plan ever to upgrade to a 3 cylinder, 3 carbed engine, will drive me complete nuts tunning it up, will just remain at max 40 HP, 2 strokes, single carbed, very sweet and friendly to adjsut properly.

Happy Boating
Old 23 September 2008, 22:18   #44

Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locozodiac View Post
Let me see if I can get a PDF version for you, you must have finished your 10 hour break 25:1 period, seems that engine needs a good mechanic to have it tuned right, or at least as you want it to be, somebody mentioned as having to hear good music from every cylinder when playing with individual carb mixture screw.

Right tuning procedures on Company manuals are very info light, many lacks complete information, that's why dealer mechanics or particular ones need to be factory trained by tecnician to be skilled and that takes lots of trial/error time to get it right. Fortunately, don't plan ever to upgrade to a 3 cylinder, 3 carbed engine, will drive me complete nuts tunning it up, will just remain at max 40 HP, 2 strokes, single carbed, very sweet and friendly to adjsut properly.

Happy Boating
Cheers Luis that would be great .
I quite enjoy getting my head round new engines , outboards are a bit different for me and don't appear as obvious as motorbikes or cars when I look at them . Balancing carbs for instance is one thats not imediatly apparant , i can't see anywhere to plug my guages in
Old 05 January 2010, 13:09   #45

Town: runswick bay north y
Boat name: Spirit of Runswick
Make: humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 50 outboard
surfcat info

Just registered on the forum to see if anyone can give me the benefit of their experience in the Ceasar SURFCAT.

I am the cox/crewleader of a rescue service on the north yorkshire coast. I have a crew of 22 operating as a declared facility with HMCG using a 5m humber RIB with a 50hp Mariner o/b.with all the electronics bells and whistles.

Like all rescue services we are struggling to get available crew for fast response. The nature of our work is also changing and we are now launching to service shouts in surf, under cliffs, among rocks for strandings, slips, trips and falls and casualty eveacuation. We also have a very active sailing club in the bay and surfers on big days.

We are looking to operate a Ceasar Surfcat alongside the RIB to respond to 'nip-in-the bud' incidents with a crew of 2 launching with a quad.

We would welcome any information from anyone who has used the surfcat in anger. We are talking to the dealers but would prefer impartial info.

We have certain crteria and would fit the boat out to meet these.

We are trying to arrange a demo.

I need to build a case to sell it to our committee.

Look forward to hearing from you

QUOTE=Easyrider;257570] Just thought that i would share my new experience, as it may be of use to those of you considering getting somthing that is more comfortable/faster but still easily managable.
I just purchsased myself a Ceasar surfcat ( http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/mar...boat_only.aspx )after selling my Bombard aerotec 380(im a great fan of sibs) as i wanted somthing that would have a bit more power to tow bigger toys(the 30 on the bombard was ok but i needed more ) I did a bit of digging around and tried out a couple of thundercats/zapcats but decided that i wanted somthing a bit more family friendly with a bit more freeboard so the kids would feel safer + needed more floorspace-the surfcat met all of my needs so i got one and put a 50 Tohatsu on the back, fitted mounting bolts for my old bombard launch wheels and off i went.
The thing that has really blown me away is just how comfortable it is(i have helm'd quite a few different ribs/sibs/solid crafts over the years), Im sure that most of you know , once it starts blowing force 3/4 it gets quite uncomfortable on a sib, well - it doesnt on a surfcat!!! we were quite happily cruising along at about 30 knots head to sea and not getting knocked around at all , going the other way with the sea we were doing 40+ knots and it was still pretty comfortable. The hijackers(cat hull) just slice through any chop and soak up any slamming even better than an equivalent size rib.
It would still perform great with a 30 on the back.

I just cant understand why these boats arent more popular- because im absolutely sure they would be as word gets about. [/QUOTE]
Old 13 January 2010, 20:29   #46

Town: NE
Boat name: RedGazelle
Make: Gemini GRX420 SIB
Engine: Mariner 40 2s
PM sent...

PM on its way to you. Operate a similar boat just up the coast.
Ed
Old 14 January 2010, 01:46   #47

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Engine: 40hp 2 str
rbrb crewleader,

I'm certain you'll be very impressed by these boats. Also, Ed the Duck really knows his stuff and is a great source of excellent info.
Old 14 January 2010, 09:46   #48

Town: Sussex
Make: Ceasar Surfcat
Engine: Tohatsu 50hp
Hi rbrb- My best advice is for you to go and try one as that is surely the only way to see if it performs to suit your needs. Its certainly a very capable boat and IMO will be ideal for your needs(im also crew for my local lifeboat ILB/ALB).
In wind conditions of F5 and above, positioning of your crew is essential as its a very light boat and can get flighty when going head to sea in a hurry- good fun though
If you do get one, PM me as ive got some good tips on modifying the position of the steering damper to get much better manouverability.
Old 10 March 2010, 13:06   #49

Town: runswick bay north y
Boat name: Spirit of Runswick
Make: humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 50 outboard
RBRB New boat

Thanks for you advice.

Particularly Ed.......great advice. Problem at the moment is getting someone to sell us one! Anny other dealers out there. Talking to ZAP CAT.

Would love to try one so will take up Ed's offer soon.

Thanks again for your support.
Old 10 March 2010, 21:16   #50

Town: Trelogan
Boat name: Supacat
Make: TT-Supacat
Engine: Tohatsu 50 outboard
RBRB,

I have sent you a PM, you are more than welcome to come and try out a TT-Supacat.

Regards
Howy