Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Inflatable boats - SIBs and folding RIBs
Click Here to Login

Old 29 July 2010, 08:17   #1

Town: Poole
Length: no boat
Can you help the RNLI with feedback on SEA Check please

Apologies for this being a duplicate post of the thread started in the RIBs section, being a newcomer to this site, I don't know if people tend to visit both sections of the forum or tend to stick to the one that's relevant to their type of boat, but we would like as many answers as possible, so...

I am a Lifeboat Sea Safety Officer (LSSO) who is a member of a working party set up by RNLI Sea Safety to review the organisation's SEA Check together with how we promote and market the scheme.

One of the the remits of this review is to get feed back from as many boat owners as possible, so I would very be grateful if you could spend a few moments to answer the following questions:-

1. Have you had an RNLI SEA Check - do you have any suggestions on how it may be improved?

2. If not, have you previously heard of RNLI SEA Check?

3. If you have heard of SEA Check but not had one, what has stopped you?

All feed back will be taken into account, but all comments will go into the review anonymously - so please be as open and frank as possible with your answers - if you would rather your answer was not public, please feel free to answer via PM.

As I said, we want to get feed back from as many boaters as possible so if you have any boat owning friends who have any comments, please feel free to add those in as well.

On behalf of the RNLI, thank you very much for your time.

In the meantime if anyone would like to arrange a SEA Check, please let me know the location of your boat and I will PM the contact details of your nearest LSSO.