Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Inflatable boats - SIBs and folding RIBs
Click Here to Login

Old 04 April 2022, 22:01   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Don't worry about the OB warranty. It is likely the servicing conditions haven't been met if it was supposed to be yearly at a dealer... but honestly on a newish 6hp the chances of a warranty being needed are tiny.

And remember in all of this... you have made a very substantial saving over new prices and found a smart ready assembled setup so you have loads of leeway to sort any small issues.
Interesting, thank you. I just assumed like cars people kept the warranties intact. Generally, do people just do their own servicing then?
Old 04 April 2022, 22:02   #22

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Quote:
Don't worry about the OB warranty. It is likely the servicing conditions haven't been met if it was supposed to be yearly at a dealer... but honestly on a newish 6hp the chances of a warranty being needed are tiny.

And remember in all of this... you have made a very substantial saving over new prices and found a smart ready assembled setup so you have loads of leeway to sort any small issues.
Completely agree with Fenlander.

Dont worry about knowing what the keelboard looks like. When the airdeck is deflated, you will see the keelboard underneath the deck (just where the fuel tank strap should be) It's approx 95cms x 30cms, delta shaped, so you won't miss it!

Looking at the pictures and if it's only had 10 hours use, I very much doubt there is anything untoward, in fact it's probably in much better condition than my SD360 which is only 20 months old.
Old 04 April 2022, 22:07   #23

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewater View Post
I did notice that and assumed that it was just a trip hazard at the bow for how they used the boat, due to where they had the fuel tank. I would be putting the fuel tank at the bow, so will be needing it.
Easy enough to make if its been misplaced.
Old 04 April 2022, 22:08   #24

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
We all have different views on an outboard warranty being kept intact but my policy is to get it run in, have the first service done to check all is OK then self service from then on.

They really are simple to do in these smaller sizes.

And don't think I'm trying to belittle your concerns for collection day James... more to give you confidence it seems you have got a great deal on a near new condition SIB and it is so likely it will be totally fine.
Old 04 April 2022, 22:13   #25

Excellent, thanks for putting my mind at ease Steve and Fenlander. Im sure everything is and will be fine, especially following everyone advice when collecting it. I'm the type that either knows everything in detail or jumps in head first with little regard. I'm trying to be somewhere more in the middle
Old 04 April 2022, 22:22   #26

Quote:
We all have different views on an outboard warranty being kept intact but my policy is to get it run in, have the first service done to check all is OK then self service from then on.

They really are simple to do in these smaller sizes.

And don't think I'm trying to belittle your concerns for collection day James... more to give you confidence it seems you have got a great deal on a near new condition SIB and it is so likely it will be totally fine.
Don't worry David, I didn't take it as belittling at all. I'm new, you and others are well experienced and I am here to genuinely learn and take advice willingly from people who know much better than me.

My aim is just to have a good time with as little stress as possible.

Re the servicing, I would actually much rather know how to and be able to service the OB myself.
Old 04 April 2022, 22:56   #27

Town: Cardiff
Length: no boat
Looks a good set up happy boating!

Tags
outboard, sib