Old 20 May 2011, 20:14   #1

Town: Blackpool
Make: Bombard Aerotec
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15fmh
Bravo Battery Powered Pump Re Charging

Another question!

I have just bought one of the highly recommended Bravo BST pumps with the 7AH battery. Obviously the whole point in it having a battery is that you don't need to have a car nearby when using for it's battery or having to lug around another car battery for power.

Question is - it came with a 12volt recharge lead but not a mains power one. My idea of having this was so I would charge it at home before so it is charged up before needing it. With only a 12V lead it can only be charged when in the car.

I have done some research and have since seen it doesn't come with a mains lead but one is available for about £14. I assume it is just a generic one that can be had off ebay etc for a couple of quid. Does anyone know if this is the case and point me in the right direction. I do have a similar lead here used for charging a torch but the plug is slightly too small so want to make sure I get the right one.

Anyone help? Many thanks.
Old 21 May 2011, 04:22   #2

Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Length: no boat
Not sure I'd risk a £120 pump with a non-recommended 240v lead. Either put it in the car for a couple of days and take it shopping or to work or buy a low cost transformer. There are plenty of 240 to 12v transformers on eBay
Old 21 May 2011, 05:30   #3

Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
the mains charger i use for mine came from Machine Mart and its 300 milliamp output unit,
the batteries in the bravo are widely used in the model aircaft world and this does the job superbly. Hope this helps
Old 21 May 2011, 05:33   #4

Town: River Hamble
Length: 6m +
We sell the recommended Bravo mains chargers.
http://rib-shop.com/prodtype.asp?PT_...ageHistory=cat
Old 24 May 2011, 19:18   #5

Town: Blackpool
Make: Bombard Aerotec
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15fmh
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt h View Post
the mains charger i use for mine came from Machine Mart and its 300 milliamp output unit,
the batteries in the bravo are widely used in the model aircaft world and this does the job superbly. Hope this helps
Thanks Matt. I have one of these from a rechargable torch that says it is rated to 300ma. The end plug was too small but have been to Maplin and they do an adapter that converts it to the larger plug.

Good job really. I have been re chaging it in the car with the supplied 12v lead. Going around a corner the pump fell over and broke the plug end off at the pump end. Don't think the pump was damaged but will need to get a new lead. I have one of those 12v leads with multiple plug options. There is the correct one on there. Only not sure what the scale should be set at on the 12v plug itself. There is a dial that you select depending on what you are recharging I think. I have cranked it up to 12 (I assume that is volts). Not caught fire yet so I am assuming it must be ok.
Old 02 June 2011, 21:29   #6

Town: macclessfield
Boat name: Reach Out
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30hp Tohatsu EFI
If you have a normal car battery charger you could put that onto the 12 volt lead you already have.... inside your garage at home... croc clips onto the side and point of the 12 volt plug you have...