Old 23 May 2014, 08:16   #1

Town: North Lincs
Boat name: na
Make: F-Rib 330/Excel 330
Length: 3m +
Engine: Parsun 15hp
Bombard for fishing

Hi all, just joined the forum. I have had a number of sibs over the years and am now coming back to boat ownership so here is my question.
I have never had an air floor before and am really fancying the Bombard Aerotech 'V' floor but not sure if it is for me. I will be using the boat for pleasure trips with the family on the local river and on the sea but I am a keen angler but not at all certain if these boats are suitable.
My worry is the durability of the floor and just how stable it is for me to perhaps walk around on when anchoring, landing fish, getting to some gear etc etc.

I know I could just buy another aluminium deck but as I get older I want something a little lighter as I will be launching on my own and the weight of the Bombard ticks all the boxes along with being able to remove the floor.

Oh yes, another point, a friend of mine who has one along has said the floor is prone to rub hard against the tubes and transom. He has had to put some foam in between the floor and transom to prevent further scraping, is this common.

Whatever the boat, I will be using a 15hp 2 stroke when I find the right one because I can carry that weight and it will give a reasonable turn of speed.

I look forward to hear your points of view.

Phil
Old 23 May 2014, 08:23   #2

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Hi Phil, welcome.

Depends how important the fishing is (hard floor is ultimately more suited) but see topic below for an easy and very tough floor covering which was a huge improvement on mine.

http://www.rib.net/forum/f50/bombard...ass-62326.html

Should not be any issues with the floor rubbing as if installed correctly (position and straps right) it is rock solid and cannot move and should not really touch the transom.

Like any SIB its important to wash it out and remove now and again to get rid of abrasive and and stones.
Old 23 May 2014, 09:25   #3

Town: Oop North
I bought mine solely for fishing, just land fish straight into a box, or like Max put a rubber floor down.

Old 23 May 2014, 10:21   #4

Town: North Lincs
Boat name: na
Make: F-Rib 330/Excel 330
Engine: Parsun 15hp
Thank you guys for your quick response.

I have read your article with great interest Max and may well go that route if I do get a Bombard.

Good to see a man after my own heart Stray. I do both fresh water and sea fishing from my kayak at present and could do just the same in the boat as most of the fresh water venues allow boats providing I use an electric motor which I already have sat in the garage. It would be good for chasing the bass off the North Lincs coast this summer.

Phil