Old 22 March 2011, 08:30   #1

Town: Worcester
Length: 4m +
Bombard aerotec 380 packed size?

Anyone know what a Bombard aerotec 380 packed size looks/feels like?
specifically, would there be any space left in a mondeo estate ( big boot ) along with outboard.

thanks
Old 22 March 2011, 08:59   #2

Town: stockport
Length: 3m +
bombard aerotec

hi mattwi, I get my aerotec 380, tohatsu 18hp 2 stroke, launching wheels, seat, paddles etc in the boot of my vauxhall zafira (might be opel zafira overthere) no probs. should easily go in a mondeo estate.
packed size new is - 1.15 x 0.72 x 0.39m, but once opened you'll never get it packed to that size again. dry weight is 43kg. I'm average build and can manage it on my own, but you wouldn't want to carry it too far.

hope this helps
Old 22 March 2011, 09:01   #3

Town: Southampton
Make: Ballistic
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 225
I used to get a Honwave 3.8 + 20hp in the back of a VW polo
Old 22 March 2011, 10:11   #4

Town: wells
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115
it will fit

used to fit my 380 with tank and 15hp outboard in to a saab 93, so will definitley fit into mondeo estate.
Old 22 March 2011, 10:30   #5

Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Engine: Twahtzoo 20hp
MMSI: 235906188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattwi View Post
would there be any space left in a mondeo estate ( big boot ) along with outboard.
With everything else - life jackets, tank, anchor, paddles etc there wont be a lot of room left. But it will all fit in no problem. I have a Legacy estate and with the rear seats folded down I could also fit in a dismantled trailer! I usually pack the boot to the point where I can still see over the stuff in the rear view mirror, so could squeeze more in if I had too.

For going on holiday with family, on the other hand, I am having to either trailer boat or put boat/life jackets/empty tank on a roof rack - engine and bits n bobs in the boot along with a massive pile of all manner of family holiday type shight.

Boat goes into one of those folding type bags, with straps, so it will pack down very well but as uny1965 said, it probably wont go back to the size it was new.
Old 02 February 2012, 15:59   #6

Town: London
Boat name: Boat
Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Engine: 25hp Mercury 2stroke
Bombard Aerotec Packed size

Hi all,

I know that this is a somewhat belated reply (and my first post) to the posted question but I thought that I would answer the question as I have direct experience with putting an aerotec into a Mondeo estate boot.

Bottom line - it fits easily. I had a 95 Mondeo estate and could fit the boat cross ways and all bits including a 25hp 2 stroke mercury behind the back seat with space to see over the top.

I recently change the car to a Volvo V70 estate as the Mondeo finally died, and when looking for a new car, my criteria were that it had to be able to take the boat, motor and bits in the boost with the back seats up. The only cars that I found that had the required space were:

Ford Mondeo - all models from mk 1 on
Ford SMAX
Citroen Grand Picasso (very plasticy)
Volvo V70 - which is slightly smaller than the mondeo
Volvo XC90 - bigger but much more expensive than the volvo.

Any one of these cars and you should be able to get by. I would have stuck with a Mondeo if I could have found a decent second hand one but hey...

Anyway, I have had my aerotec now for about 8 months and love it. My personal view is that I think that it is the biggest practical boat that can be packed up and transported and with a 25hp has a stinking turn of pace that my two little girls love.

I will post a proper post soon with pics.

Matt