Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Inflatable boats - SIBs and folding RIBs
Click Here to Login

Old 02 April 2021, 17:43   #1

Town: Chelmsford
Length: 4m +
Boats in Short Supply but New T38IE3 Available

I find it quite odd that in some areas it is seemingly impossible to buy a boat at the moment but what I think is probably the best SIB the new Honwave T38IE 3 seems to be available all over the place at what I think is a very good price of £1,200.

Having already got the T38IE 2 and having used it a bit I think it is an excellent and very capable sib....and perfect for the blow up and deflate each time option.

Having had my first trip out this year on my 3.2m Ali floored sib I cant help thinking that if you intend to keep a boat inflated all the time then the Ali floor option seems quite a lot better. So the Honwave T35AE looks a good option and would I am sure feel very sturdy under foot. I also think the larger toobs ect over my 3.2 m generic Chinese Ali floor sib would be reassuring . Seems not to be available to buy though.
Old 02 April 2021, 18:16   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Through all the twists and turns of SIB ownership the T38 has been a constant in my advice for others to buy who's needs in any way seemed aligned with its attributes. Now the slight revamp and deletion of the transom tabs puts it right up there. At the price new vs used values very little to lose even if it doesn't suit and is sold on promptly.

I've owned a T35 and it was superb in all respects apart from as a single person setup from a car each outing when the scars from the alloy floor edges were often evident.
Old 02 April 2021, 20:42   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Through all the twists and turns of SIB ownership the T38 has been a constant in my advice for others to buy who's needs in any way seemed aligned with its attributes. Now the slight revamp and deletion of the transom tabs puts it right up there. At the price new vs used values very little to lose even if it doesn't suit and is sold on promptly.

I've owned a T35 and it was superb in all respects apart from as a single person setup from a car each outing when the scars from the alloy floor edges were often evident.
100 % agree and as a leave set up SIB I think the T35AE is hard to beat at the moment
Old 02 April 2021, 22:49   #4

Town: Cardiff
Length: no boat
If leaving it inflated why not a rib?
Old 03 April 2021, 07:04   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
If leaving it inflated why not a rib?
Because in the closed Season you cant pack a rib up to store in the corner of your garage.

Also with the Ali floor SIB if you keep it in a boatyard all season you don't need a trailer to get it to and from

Also Ribs are at least twice the price