Old 02 September 2010, 12:36   #1

Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu
Bi/combo nav lights for sib

Its very rare that i use navigation lights on my 3.4 mtr sib ,but as i operate in the vicinity of one of the busiest commercial ports in the uk i ,thought it best to have some aboard, but owing to the size and limited space and weight of the boat ,and i dident want to use the 12volt battery,wiring and switch so i decided to use the small emergency type lights as used by yachties,ect ,
as my boat can go much faster than 7 knots that means that i need both port and starboard lights as well as the all around white light ,,which is carried on a 2 meter alumininium pole mounted on the transom,
,, i couldent find a combined bi light and as i dident want to carry another 2 extra lights i decided to make one red/green bi light from the 2 port /starb ones .

i cut the coloured lenses in half carefully with a junior hacksaw and stuck them back together with epoxyresin ,

next step was somewhere to mount the light and as i dident want to mount it on the transom pole or start putting holes in my spray dodger ,i opted for making a folded stainless steel clip that can be slipped on to the edge of the dodger ,,the light is bolted to the clip with plastic car number plate bolts .

might just give a few sibbers out there another idea for carrying and mounting nav lights
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	53790   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	53791  
Old 04 September 2010, 06:51   #2

Town: Cardiff