Old 07 July 2012, 14:33   #1

best small budget sib

hi
I have been looking for a sib mainly for just messing about on the water I haven't had much luck finding something I like and im thinking I may save a little more and wait till the end of the year when I may bag a bargain ?
anyway this started me thinking about getting a small inflatable just for some fresh water fun with the kids and after some searching i came across the
wetline 260 eco as this was recommended as the best budget inflatable by motorboats monthly and they are available on-line for a little over £200 new.
I was wondering what your thoughts where on this and what are the best budget boats ? (if any)
the wetline takes a 5hp outboard that i could use when I upgrade and at £200
its worth keeping for the kids to mess about in when I do manage to get my bigger better boat.
Old 07 July 2012, 15:18   #2

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Sorry to be slightly blunt but didn't you ask virtually the exact same topic 1 month ago and there were 6 pages of advice/links/options/ideal first SIB suggestions:

http://www.rib.net/forum/f50/looking...ble-48513.html

Old 07 July 2012, 17:52   #3

No not exactly the same
I originally was asking advice about a small sib for coastal fishing etc and after some very good advice received on here I was looking for a 3m + sib with inflatable floor and keel etc.
It's proving harder than I thought to find exactly what I want for the budget that I have so as time is getting on I'm thinking about a small cheap inflatable like the one I mentioned just so I can get out on my local river with the kids and also continue looking for a reasonable size zodiac etc.
I was asking about a budget boat not a recommendation for a sea going quality sib .
At £200 or so I wouldn't mind this for the summer and maybe keep it for river use with the kids and get myself a bigger better sib as recommended for next year for some coastal fishing etc
That way I can afford to spend a little more come the end of summer and hopefully have more chance of a bargain .
Old 08 July 2012, 21:22   #4

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
200 quid ,you are gonna need a decent outboard so theres another 200 on top ,life jacket's ,flares ,anchor, chain and rope ,VHF radio the list will go on and so will the price,dam strong currents on some tidal rivers so be careful when you do get set up ,yes i know you said freshwater but sill need safety gear ,my mate fishs buewl lwater and anchors in a 150ft of water on a a clinker boat of 14ft and that can be lumpy at times.
Old 08 July 2012, 23:03   #5

Hi
As I was considering getting a budget boat just for the river until I can get a better setup for the sea I'm not to concerned
About the outboard etc as I was planning to use it on my other sib when I get it or as I said keep the small cheap dinghy for the kids on the river.
And although my local river is tidal I used to paddle it in a open canoe and the current is not to bad so I wouldn't need flairs or a VHF yet and I still have life jackets.
I wouldn't venture out to sea in a small cheap boat as I have taken all the comments on here on board
What I want to know is how good are the cheap inflatables I have seen the wetline Eco 260 new for just over 200 also I have seen a H2O marine sports inflatable but I can't find any information on it so if anyone can shed some light on it ?
I do realise the cheap boats are not going to be that good but is a PVC boat a total wast of money it just caught my eye that the wetline had a best budget boat review from motorboats monthly
Old 09 July 2012, 06:59   #6

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Just *read the comments/advice/links in the original duplicate topic*!!? - the advice never changes!

Just look out for a cheap budget used boat/engine package on eBay, dozens go on every week. Virtually all small SIBS are PVC. Here's two complete packages listed in the last few days for under £600 to get you started but you do have to search for a boat to find one...

BOMBARD INFLATABLE DINGHY IN CARRY BAG WITH MARINER 3.3 OUTBOARD | eBay

quicksilver inflatable boat with short shaft motor, hard floor+ inflatable floor | eBay