Old 30 August 2020, 15:55   #1

Town: Schaumburg
Make: Nemrod Metzeler
Length: 3m +
Air valve plug help - Metzeler

Hello. I am seeking suggestions on replacing or rebuilding a leaking air valve plug. I have a Nemrod Metzeler, Alboran330 model, folding inflatable boat, purchased in 1973. The air valve plug part number is SG-3963. As best as I can measure, the diameter of the plug thread is 1 inch and the length of the thread is 3/16 inch. The airway hole in the plug is 3/8 inch. The valve seat diameter is 1 inch and has a 3/8 inch depth. The top, inside and bottom of the plug is coated with rubber which has deteriorated and is causing leaks.
I am looking for some suggestions for solutions. Ideally, I would like to locate a replacement for the same plug. If that is not possible, I could use a similar air valve. I have found several, but before I spend the money I want to be certain they fit. I’ve seen Boston Valve replacements, Airhead Multi-Valve replacements, and BUZIFU Replacement Inflatable Air Valves, but the dimensions of their thread diameters do not seem to match my plug thread diameter. I wanted to check with this forum before I purchase any to make sure I am comparing them properly and for any other suggestions.

Failing finding a replacement plug, I was thinking of using moldable rubber to replace the eroded rubber on the original plug and wanted to get your thoughts on that possibility.

Photos are at: Alboran330

Thanks in advance.

Tags
air valve, leak, leaks, plug