Old 23 May 2020, 15:43   #21

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
Hey Fenlander, what about post 2 can't have a personal opinion or you pretende to be the director, moderator of the entire post ? Said that liked through hub exhaust systems but are recommending the OP to go for a Yam, Suzuki which aren't so, so ? There's a lot more through hub props to choose from than non ones and that's a plus if in a future plan going boating with heavier loads, say a family oriented combo.

Mooresman, don't worry about the prop pitch the new motor comes factory delivered with, it's what the factory wants to install as a starter prop. I

If plan going for a Ultralight Highfield alum hull one, go for the 340, it's only 3 Kg more than the 310. It's roomier, more overall water fun, accepts a larger max motor. Add a simple 2 stroke short shaft Tohatsu 9.8 and you're done.

Happy Boating
Old 23 May 2020, 17:09   #22

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
I'm happy that Moorsman now has enough accurate info from the thread to help make up his mind so I won't add more unless he has further questions.
Old 23 May 2020, 17:40   #23

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
Hi moorsman ..for what its worth .. my own thoughts on the matter of which brand of outboard or type of exhaust on a small outboard gives best performance .. The differences are barely noticeable when comparing same HP size or a couple of inches in boat size and I doubt you will notice much difference ... unless you mark out a mile course and take the best as being a couple of yards in front of the other

Example my Frib 2.75 with its 6HP is the exactly same speed as my brothers Frib 330 size powered by its 6HP..and believe me .. we have often tried to outdo each other in races. We sometimes swap over boats and even outboards .. with much the same results.. which is neck and neck and mood dependant.

So my thought if you decide to Go Loco down in Acapulco .. is
You'll be pulling out your hair, drowning in despair
With a whole lot of nothing on your way to nowhere

The best way I know for anyone to get more performance out of their 6HP and smallish boat is to go on a crash diet as that does make a difference especially to the hole shot .

I know after 2 months in lockdown..my boat will be a bit sluggish until I loose a pile of boredom blubber. Im hoping I can find out .. at the start of next month as our nervous FM cant find the key to unlock Scotland’s coast yet.
Old 24 May 2020, 00:14   #24

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gurnard View Post
.. at the start of next month as our nervous FM cant find the key to unlock Scotland’s coast yet.

I’m sure it’ll be back to normal when she finishes her little trip[emoji6]
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outboard, rib