Old 24 March 2015, 17:01   #1

Length: 3m +
2nd Hand Bombard Aerotec 380

Hi everyone,

I've made up my mind, I cannot afford to buy a brand new F-Rib/Winboat, also cannot find a second-hand one anywhere.

My next choice is a Bombard Aerotec 380, I want to purchase a good condition one.

Can you help me out on price, what is the current market value for these 2nd hand ? .... I really don't want to spend to much than I need to.

What is a fair price for the craft only?

what is a fair price for boat + engine?

I know this might be a hard question to answer, but rough estimates are ideal.

P.s ... For everyone who responded in my "First Time Sib Buyer" thread, id like to thank you, having spent a few hours on here, I'm set with the Bombard Aerotec 380.

Look forward to your responses.

Regards
Old 24 March 2015, 17:41   #2

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
You have to find one for sale first! In your topic there were some guides to prices - again, see the sticky too, link to my 380 review in there also. Buy with the engine or you'll pay much more in all likelihood. About £1800 or so would be typical for the pair for a nice private sale (a bit more if a trailer included) and for that you should get some accessories thrown in. Separate then £1000 to £1200 for a nice 2 stroke 15 and £650 - £800 for the 380.

All prices variable depending on location/time of year/condition etc.
Old 25 March 2015, 10:36   #3

Town: Southampton
Make: avon adventure 4.5
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50hp e-tec
As a guide, my tohatsu 18 was 1k, the bombard was 400 but did need a floor repair (which was easy as it turns out thanks to the help on the forum). It's a great little rig, but I do have to raise the engine on the transom a bit to stop the thing chucking up loads of spray.

Keep an eye on eBay and see what comes up. They occasionally come up with the steering rig too, but that does seem to add a bit of a premium to the cost and I don't think it really adds that much functionality.
Old 29 March 2015, 07:19   #4

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
One here but a new seller on B&O so usual very much buyer beware. Price is ridiculous though.

Bombard - aerotec 380 RIBs and Inflatable Boats for sale in Staffordshire, West Midlands :: Boats and Outboards
Old 29 March 2015, 08:42   #5

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max... View Post
One here but a new seller on B&O so usual very much buyer beware. Price is ridiculous though.

Bombard - aerotec 380 RIBs and Inflatable Boats for sale in Staffordshire, West Midlands :: Boats and Outboards
might be expensive but it looks like the glue hasn't started coming away yet at 12 years old its lasting well
Old 29 March 2015, 11:19   #6

Town: Oop North
Mine's 11 years old and still going strong.
Old 30 March 2015, 10:38   #7

Town: aintree
Boat name: megus
Make: avon s400
Engine: 20hp yamaha
theres a very good looking zodiac 3.4 with a 15hp Yamaha and trailer in Ormskirk lancs for £1800 on ebay.
Old 30 March 2015, 13:59   #8

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Some random thoughts on posts/links above. Any prospective Bombard/Zodiac for purchase does need very careful examination when 10-12yrs old for glue failure even if outwardly it looks immaculate and cared for. Also with the Aerotecs check for air floor leaks on edges/corners due to chaffing.

Accepting the Aerotec is regarded as a holy grail by some then I'm not sure the one Max linked to was such a daft price if mint and totally fault free.

After all you could be happy finding a nice one (boat only) and doing a deal around £850. Then you might spend another £250 on transom wheels and pump bringing the cost up to £1100. That guy asking £1195 with those bits included would probably drop to £1100 or perhaps lower if you were there with the cash so it's not a totally mad price if you are open to buying boat/outboard separately.

His caravan/drive etc looked tidy too which always helps first impressions.

This is the Zodiac Stevo mentioned for £1800...

Zodiac 3.4mtr Active V Inflatable Dinghy and Yamaha 2 Stroke 9.9/15hp Outboard | eBay

It is the same Zodiac as mine which in many circumstances is a totally acceptable alternative to an Aerotec... because they will both pack down easily in the car, setup quickly and get you on the water... but if you are set on an Aerotec I wouldn't consider it.

At £1800 it's sort of OK as you could perhaps get it for £1700 then sell the trailer (assume you aren't towing) for £200 leaving a £1500 outfit.

My worries for that particular one is that you could be just a year or two from boat glue failure... also I never allow full value on an outboard uprated from 9.9 to 15 over one that was made as a 15.

I've looked back at your posts and not noticed your max budget... that does make a big difference to what folks might advise.
Old 30 March 2015, 15:11   #9

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
theres a nice looking one in the for sales with a Honda bf20
Old 31 March 2015, 21:45   #10

Town: Saddleworth
Boat name: Local Hero
Make: Avon
Engine: Mercury 50hp 3cyl
^^^^ what he said. I can't get over how big the tubes are! I considered one of these but glad I got my qs380 for usable space inside!