Old 13 July 2005, 14:55   #41

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
Originally Posted by eupa
Ok, in answer to your criticism, I have re-read, thoroughly, your previous posts and, surprisingly, cannot find any reference to "testing on a deserted part of where I lived". If you would like to point me to the relevant post on this thread, then I'll apologise to you.

see my post 24-05-05 #10/ "Rogue Wave-you plonker"

If you really mean what you said- I would suggest you arrange to see a
shrink. Afterall ,it takes one purveyor of garbage to recognise another.

jonathan -- I have added you to my buddy list.
What? This thread of nearly two months ago? Don't see any mention of the words deserted..perhaps my psychological profile is masking those words from me.

Quote:
Have just finished doing up my rib ( only 2 months late) - and last job to changege/check wheel bearings on the trailer. One was wacky - so changed it. It has the conical type beraings... and you can guess it -put them in the wrong way - Should have realized that the force needed to put them back was out of all proportion. But being very mehodical ( ha, ha ) did a small trip around our residence with the boat on the trailer............... and of course 500 meters and the wheel glides pass me......... But the trailer was just as stable on three wheels as 4.
..and as you seem wish to continue this debate...what happened to...?

Quote:
I will not bother in the future to reply to your vindictiveness..
If you think slinging childish comments about "shrinks" does anything other than make you look a bigger fool than you are appearing already, then you are very much mistaken. At least use some wit, humour or even maturity in you attempts at ridicule. For your information I have, on more than one occasion seen a psychiatrist. He says that I’m perfectly well balanced ..I have a chip on both shoulders…
Old 13 July 2005, 15:00   #42

Town: Southampton
Boat name: SMH Rib / War Shot
Make: Ribtec / Scorpion
Length: 4m +
Engine: 100hp Yam/150hp opt
RIBase
Trailers

So peeps,

Back to trailers.

I have an indespension roller coaster for my 6.5m Scorpion and it has been good for the 9 or so months I've owned it.
Had a roller coaster on my searider and never had any problems.

Might have gone for an RM trailer for the Scorpion as that is what they supply but delivery was too long - 5 weeks vs. stock for the Indespension.
I have an indespension dealer very close to me so that swayed the decision a bit for me.

If you go for an Indespension (or others perhaps) fit bearing savers. These ensure that the bearings remain packed with grease and do not fill with water. In the 4 years I had the trailer for the Avon they received no maintainance and suffered no problems. This was probably for 20 launches per year.
So all this talk of putting bearings in the wrong way, or not, should be irrelevent!

I hope that this helps
Old 13 July 2005, 15:17   #43

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
You're quite right, Duncan. Please accept my apologies, one and all, for the pettiness that I have allowed to develop on this thread.
I have a Bramber single axle trailer under my Humber 7.0 metre that tows, manoeuvres and launches beautifully behind a suitable tow vehicle. The downside is that it has Alko bearings which are not the best. I have just replaced them as they can’t be “maintained”.