Old 24 April 2007, 09:47   #21

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
In light of JW's lengthy posts, I am even more convinced that my $75 at "Ye Olde Tyre Shoppe" is an astonishingly good expenditure!
Ah but , ah but ah... If you want a job done well...
The words took longer than the doing will take.
Old 30 April 2007, 11:16   #22

Town: Surbiton,Gt London
Length: 5m +
Just to tidy up this post and confirm I have a new skill thanks to RIBnet . Took the old bearings (with no make or model on them) off last week and took them into a large trailer supply/ spares outlet. They new what the bits were and as some of you said new hub set about £2.00 more than just the bearings so that was easy. Did the change over Saturday and it took about an hour for the whole job. Worst part was getting the new dust caps on even rang the supplier to see what they had to say and he confirmed it is a b**** and they now have a tool made up to it. Still rubber mallet and several big whacks and it went on. As I said before the old ones in the end were not too bad so hope to clean them up grease up as a set and carried as an emergency get me home spare. The trailer man said they should be stripped and cleaned after every dip not sure I can do that but now I know what’s to the rear of the dust caps they may get a bit more TLC.
It was good to get this done and well worth learning. We have a about 200 mile road trip when we go boating so we are on the roads weekends evenings and mornings when a trailer problem could cause big problems. JWs instructions really did help and you cant have enough paper towel.
Thanks all