Old 16 August 2021, 05:33   #22

Town: Beckenham
Boat name: No Name
Make: Highfield
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard Suzuki 30HP
Fuel tank full or empty??

Things to consider:

Are you stopping and starting in traffic a lot. Then a full tank of fuel would add to the inertia of accelerating and use more fuel.

Straight run few stops at fairly fast speed. Probably the wind resistance on the RIB would be your main cause of more fuel consumption and the weight of the fuel tank would be insignificant.

Regular travelling at a medium speed, as most people would live above sea level the trip to the boat ramp would be mainly down hill. The extra weight of the tank of fuel may assist in pushing your vehicle down hill.

The reason why Jeff has the same fuel consumption both ways.
Old 16 August 2021, 12:56   #23

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
That’s only for pay at pump and as I found out is per day not per transaction…. 2/3 cards but pay at pump is great for filling 20l cans…..
Manned Filling stations will let you go over the £100 limit imposed by unmanned pumps. I was doing a long journey a while ago & filled up as an unmanned asda & several hundred miles later tried to fill up at a different unmanned asda & it refused my card fortunately I had another to use. Obviously they dont think its possible to use a full tank of fuel within the same 24hour period Even if the stations are many miles apart. I guess its to prevent folk just driving round the block & also to help combat card fraud in case the card is stolen
Old 16 August 2021, 13:32   #24

Town: Kent
Boat name: ever dry
Make: Elling KB350
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yamaha 15hp 2 stroke
Which reminds me of many many years ago a petrol station near me had a new fangled all night pump installed. You put a 10 bob note (thats 50p in new money) in the slot and it dispensed petrol to the value of 10 shillings. Well I filled up around 10pm and I mean filled up!! then went and knocked up a mate or two, no mobile phones then, you know where this is going don't you
Old 17 August 2021, 00:06   #25

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
Im surprised people think that 100kg of extra weight would make that much difference to the tow vehicle economy. Thats like driving with a passenger in the car compared to driving solo, I only notice an increase of 2lt per 100km towing around 1400kg. On those figures the difference between a totally full tank or one half full will not concern me one little bit.