Old 09 July 2012, 15:22   #21

Town: Dorset
Boat name: Seabadger 2
Make: Delta / Ribcraft 6.8
Length: 7m +
Engine: Various
MMSI: -
I had a similar problem at my house. Sharp ridge between flat pavement and steep driveway - just cut 3ft back either side and re-profile with new concrete; same below where steep driveway meets flat garage - cut off the stubs below the rear roller brackets as they hit the concrete garage floor before the trailer wheels levelled out; A frame was too high for doors - modified doors and garage roof, also shifted whole boat much further forwards on trailer to give rear wheels on car more traction and after a considerable amount of tinkering it all works a treat now. Persevereance is good. 1st time was scary, lots of slipping the clutch and pulling back and forth to get the angle right (only have 1/4" either side of rib to fit through the width of the doors, but now I reckon I can do it in 1 attempt, I've marked a line on the garage floor that the trailer tyre has to follow to get the alignment correct and I know as long as I can keep that tyre on the line in my drivers side mirror it will all go fine (except for the time I squashed the girlfriend, but that's a seperate story!)
Old 09 July 2012, 15:51   #22

Town: Leicester
Boat name: Vixen
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki OB 175
MMSI: 235071839
Wouldn't like to guess on grounding but does look an excellent candidate for a front hitch. I fitted one to the landie very useful.

Watling
Simon B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2012, 22:24   #23

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
I'd put a Ground Anchor (winch post) into the ground and attack a 6000 lb electric winch and winch it up or down. It looks abaout the same gradient as my drive and thats how we used to do it. Also the winch posy is a damn good thing to kock your boat up against

CONCRETE IN GROUND ANCHOR MOTORCYCLE BOAT CARAVAN | eBay

ELECTRIC WINCH 13000lb 12V SYNTHETIC ROPE WINCHMAX | eBay

I reccommend the bigger capacity winch in order and put a tow hook on the front of the Frontera so that you can pull the car up the drive as well cos you wouldn't want your new neighbours to see you driving a Frontera they might think you are a hairdresser. Puts an unfortunate slant on Bittentobuggery really!

Looks a top gaff Brian. I hope you are living the dream out there buddy

Stay Lucky
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote