Old 04 February 2014, 13:05   #1

Length: 7m +
new trailer

Looking to treat my 715 to a new trailer this season and considering the Brenderup 8224Tb. I do notice that the rollers are very different to what I have now though. My current trailer came with the boat and is probably 10 years old. Very substantial build and fat rollers that seem to take the weight under the sides of the boat as opposed to mainly on the keel. The Brenderup kit looks very nice but I imagine a bit of fettling is required to get it to fit in all the right places. How does one do this - do you need to lift the boat and then gently lower it whilst adjusting the rollers to fit?

Also not sure if there is any value to my current trailer and where is best place to sell. Very sturdy, tows amazing but needs a complete brake overhaul and is a bit tired in places cosmetically.

Best price I have found on the 8224tb (2000kg) is £3,350. Should I be considering other options?

I'm a bit lost with all this so any tips/advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers, 715
Old 04 February 2014, 14:25   #2

Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
afternoon 715, small world eh

have a look at the SBS R4/2000EL, worth a phone call, they will supply a 3rd swing beam / roller assembly if you think it needs it, easier to setup with keel rollers

have you got any photos of your current trailer and what sort of money would you be looking for?

Cheers, Chris
Old 04 February 2014, 14:42   #3

Sbs

Thanks Chris - that SBS IS my trailer..! Or at least it is identical (bar the rusty bits on mine...!) Pretty sure it's not called that though - were they called something else previously?

My front support has been modified with some form of wooden block spacer to lift it higher and also the swing rollers. Doesn't look very pretty, but fits the boat like a glove.

Have no idea on the used value of mine - £500?

With vat the new SBS one ends up at around the Brenderup price. I have to say the swing roller design looks better to work with than the keel roller system on the Brenderup.

My front support has been modified with some form of wooden block spacer and also the swing rollers. Doesn't look very pretty, but fits the boat like a glove.

What are you using for yours - assume that is a 715 in your profile?

Cheers
Old 04 February 2014, 14:57   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenger715 View Post
Thanks Chris - that SBS IS my trailer..! Or at least it is identical (bar the rusty bits on mine...!) Pretty sure it's not called that though - were they called something else previously?

My front support has been modified with some form of wooden block spacer to lift it higher and also the swing rollers. Doesn't look very pretty, but fits the boat like a glove.

Have no idea on the used value of mine - £500?

With vat the new SBS one ends up at around the Brenderup price. I have to say the swing roller design looks better to work with than the keel roller system on the Brenderup.

My front support has been modified with some form of wooden block spacer and also the swing rollers. Doesn't look very pretty, but fits the boat like a glove.

What are you using for yours - assume that is a 715 in your profile?

Cheers
Hi, as far as I'm aware SBS have been SBS for some time, at least 7 years to my knowledge. Yes, our Revenger is also a 715, nice rib too our 715 is currently sat on a SBS R2/1800EL, been a very good trailer so far and tows the rib well, but could do with a bit of TLC now, still debating which way to go with it. Each swing beam can be adjusted individually to suit the hull, and you can spec and additions you want prior to build to avoid the wooden block situation

I'll have a look for some pics of the rib on the trailer

Cheers, Chris
Old 04 February 2014, 16:03   #5

a couple of pics of our 715 on SBS R2/1800EL trailer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0687.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	90100   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0688.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	90101  
Old 04 February 2014, 22:25   #6

Town: Margate / Ramsgate
Boat name: Bumbl
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar diesel
Had a brenderup, cracking trailer.

Silly "sealed for life" bearings tho. What they don't tell you is that the life is only 24 months !!! Avoid those but I expect they are different on braked models (mine was 750kg unbraked).

Best bearing setup I've had was the spring loaded grease carrier "bearing saver" on a roller coaster, I'm sure you can get those on most makes.

I'm interested in your old trailer !! Have sent PM
Old 05 February 2014, 14:50   #7

Superspeed

Correction to the above, as have had lots of interest in my current trailer looks very much like an SBS but it is actually a Superspeed. They don't make these any more apparently but do supply spare parts.

Looks like it may be heading for a p-ex deal on a new SBS but I will keep informed those of you who have messaged me expressing interest in purchase.

Cheers

Old 05 February 2014, 17:53   #8

Quote:
Correction to the above, as have had lots of interest in my current trailer looks very much like an SBS but it is actually a Superspeed. They don't make these any more apparently but do supply spare parts.

Looks like it may be heading for a p-ex deal on a new SBS but I will keep informed those of you who have messaged me expressing interest in purchase.

Cheers

which model SBS are you going for
Old 05 February 2014, 18:38   #9

@ Chris - gonna go for that one you suggested, 2000EL (if I can make the figures work) as it looks a good fit for my boat. Part of the possible arrangement is that they will help me set it up, so drive in on the old one and drive out on the new.
Old 05 February 2014, 19:17   #10

Town: Plymouth
Length: 10m +
We could offer the SBS R4/2000EL for £2995 including VAT and may be able to p/x your old trailer. Let me know if you are interested?

Michael
South Coast Boat Trailers
Tel: 01752 687700
SW Boat Transport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 February 2014, 20:43   #11

Quote:
@ Chris - gonna go for that one you suggested, 2000EL (if I can make the figures work) as it looks a good fit for my boat. Part of the possible arrangement is that they will help me set it up, so drive in on the old one and drive out on the new.
sounds like a good plan
Old 06 February 2014, 04:12   #12

or you could give Ben, TrailerGuy on here a call, see what he can sort for you
Old 12 March 2014, 18:03   #13

Shiny shiny...!

Just to close the loop on this, went for a new SBS R4 2000EL supplied and set up by JBT Marine in Portsmouth.

The SBS is a quality piece of kit, and having been set up brilliantly by JBT fits my boat beautifully. JBT were truly excellent (and I am a fussy git..).

I highly recommend both the manufacturer and the supplier.

Old trailer now sold but thanks for interest to those who enquired.

Cheers,