Now that we're all starting to venture out on to the water a bit more often, after the boats been laid up for a while, just do a couple of quick checks before you set off, it may save you a bit of swearing and tyre kicking further down the road....
1. check your coupling head - make sure the catch engages
2. make sure the breakaway cable / secondary coupling is safe and use it too
3. check your tyres for perishing and cracking over winter (check the pressure while your at it)
4. make sure the boats' secure (don't just rely on the winch strap)
5. make sure your wheel nuts / bolts are torqued up....