Old 05 September 2020, 21:58   #1

Town: Dorset
Boat name: Seabadger 2
Make: Delta / Ribcraft 6.8
Length: 7m +
Engine: Various
MMSI: -
ALKO Bearing Equivalent

I've been replacing the 4 bearings on my trailer and found that these Ford Wheel Bearing Kits seem to be an exact match for the ALKO bearings on the 200 x 50 drum size.

Much cheaper than buying trailer specific bearings and quality appears good for now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRONT-CON...53.m2749.l2649

£10.99 a bearing kit and includes the nut and circlip. I have no interest in the seller just thought it was a good deal worth sharing
Old 05 September 2020, 22:01   #2

Town: Glasgow
Make: Excel Vanguard 395
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki 20
There are different versions of that drum I think. What bearing size is it exactly may help people?

We just put 3rd set of "sealed for life" bearings in a just turned 5 year old SBS trailer few weeks ago. Compact alko 2051 hubs and used these at 1/4 ish the cost. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162839541763.

The compact 2051 is AL-KO part no. 605124 Bearing size: ID=34mm., OD=64mm., H=37mm.

The OEM bearings last about 18 months then start to rumble slightly, I can't hear it but lad can and when you take them apart they are shot right enough. That's why he just buys these now and change them out. Always replace the caps and one shot nuts at same time if anyone doing it. HTH someone
Old 05 September 2020, 22:39   #3

Town: Dorset
Boat name: Seabadger 2
Make: Delta / Ribcraft 6.8
Length: 7m +
Engine: Various
MMSI: -
The hubs on my trailer are the larger size, not the 'compact' version.

Bearing size is OD 72mm, ID 39mm, width 37mm which are the size in my orginal link.

Yes I would agree in changing them annually regardless. Its an easy enough job once you have the knack of it. Also pressure washed and painted the entire trailer in clear waxoil except for the tyres and friction parts of the brakes and fitted a flush kit.