Old 30 April 2010, 01:28   #1

Town: Fairfield
Boat name: Sunrider
Make: Zodiac
Length: 7.3
Engine: MerCruiser (bio)diesel 180hp I/O
5.4 Avon for sale

I will be posting a 1993 Avon 5.4 for sale on eBay and elsewhere soon but wanted to offer it here first to see if any forum members have an interest.

This is a project boat I began reconditioning some time ago and can see it will be at least another year before I can get back to it so have decided to sell. I don't have a price in mind but will consider reasonable offers.

The hull is sound with no obvious structural problems - it's oxidized and could use a good cleaning. The tubes have held air well but they've been deflated for over a year and now when inflated the aft chambers on both sides become soft overnight - my guess is that the valves need servicing. There are no patches on the tubes and they appear in serviceable condition but are oxidized. I removed all the rub strakes and prepared the tubes for replacing them but never had time for it - the old strakes come with the boat and could be sanded or coated if you don't want to buy new ones. There is no console or other hardware. The trailer is included with the boat.

I'm also selling an aluminum military spec A frame I intended to mount on this boat - it's a couple of inches too wide so would need to be modified. Details on the A frame are given in another post.

The boat is located in Fairfield, Iowa and could be inspected any time - it's being offered as-is so I encourage you to look it over if you have any doubts. I could deliver anywhere in the lower 48 for $1.20 per loaded mile. Let me know if you have an interest.
bryan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	avon 015.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	50667   Click image for larger version

Name:	avon 012.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	50668   Click image for larger version

Name:	avon 004.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	50669   Click image for larger version

Name:	avon 005.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	50670   Click image for larger version

Name:	avon 021.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	50671  

Old 12 May 2010, 02:50   #2

Town: wisconsin
Length: no boat
great boat

Do you have your arms around a retube plan? Where were you getting the tubes and how much? Were you gg to install them? Its hard to formulate an offer without knowing tube cost....

Did you ever sell old whalers? I bought a guardian from a guy in IA a few years back...Great boat.

thanks
dan
Old 12 May 2010, 11:55   #3

Town: Fairfield
Boat name: Sunrider
Make: Zodiac
Length: 7.3
Engine: MerCruiser (bio)diesel 180hp I/O
The boat and A Frame have been sold.

I've reconditioned a couple of whalers, an 18' Raider and a 25' center console with the dive package.....could have been one of those......thanks for the interest.
bryan