Old 22 February 2007, 01:40   #1

Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
Hey, has anyone towed with one of these??

Just bought a 2005 Dodge badged Mercedes Sprinter cargo van with the 5 cylinder 154 horsepower diesel. Although this vehicle is not intended for recreational use I got to thinking, could I tow my boat (31 ft.) with this vehicle? Has anyone towed with one of these? I just recently acquired it and it goes down the road just fine, but towing War Machine? Not so sure... What do you think Cod? (We all know he will read this post, he reads them all) anyone else can chip in, it will be appreciated... Thanks, Pat.
Old 22 February 2007, 07:49   #2

Town: Newcastle upon Tyne
Boat name: Happy Hours
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300 Verado
MMSI: 235040122
One of the guys who works for me runs a company Merc Vito which is slightly smaller thean the sprinter but with the same engine I think, it tows my boat just fine but go a bit of wheel spin on the slip.
Old 22 February 2007, 13:18   #3

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathalla View Post
Just bought a 2005 Dodge badged Mercedes Sprinter cargo van with the 5 cylinder 154 horsepower diesel. Although this vehicle is not intended for recreational use I got to thinking, could I tow my boat (31 ft.) with this vehicle? Has anyone towed with one of these? I just recently acquired it and it goes down the road just fine, but towing War Machine? Not so sure... What do you think Cod? (We all know he will read this post, he reads them all) anyone else can chip in, it will be appreciated... Thanks, Pat.
Should be fine except possibly on the more slippery slips. Congratulations for adopting the more 'European' approach to tow vehicles. Usually in North America it seems that a 1 ton Ram 2500 is required for any towing job at all!