Old 24 November 2006, 17:02   #1

Town: Pacific NW
Make: zodiac pro 420
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tiller 25 yamaha
zodiac pro 12?

hey all. i'm looking at a 1996 zodiac pro12. it has brand new tubes and a 75hp merc. with a pod seat/console. they're asking $9900.

so...i'm trying to figure out if it's a fair price and also if it is a capable boat. as i've mentioned before, i use it on and around the columbia river bar which gets pretty nasty.

i've searched lots of threads and found there to be a difference between the pro and the pro open. the deadrise at the transom seems to be similar so is one better for rough stuff and why?

thanks
andy
Old 25 November 2006, 08:05   #2

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Near as I can tell, the Pro Open's seem to be substantially heavier. Heavier layup in the hull? The Zodiac USA site doesn't exactly have a wealth of information.

A buddy of mine has a Pro 16 (15' and change, I think) with a Merc 60; he's run it for a couple of years now, seems to be OK. Some spider cracks around the transom; probably just cosmetic, as they haven't gotten any larger.

jky
Old 30 January 2007, 20:56   #3

Town: Vancouver
Boat name: White Chocolate
Make: AB
Engine: 50 HP, 3.3 HP Merc
MMSI: 338079539
Send a message via MSN to PacificNWrib
Zodiac Pro

I have always wanted a Pro. I have a Bombard 385 and I live in Vancouver, WA. It does fine on the Columbia. I used mainly for fishing and cruising. Right now, I am in the midst of converting it from a 25HP tiller to a 30HP console. I hope to have pictures of it up soon.

It would be neat if we could get some local RIB owners together for a run down the Columbia. Any takers?

JB
Old 31 January 2007, 02:18   #4

Town: longview
Boat name: jon b jolly
Make: bombard
Engine: etec 50
hey andy..

sounds like that could be a fun boat... doesn't sound like that bad of a deal considering what "the new boat smell" co$ts these days. i guess with the new tubes the most important part of the equation becomes the motor and well it was treated?? i would think that it could deal with the conditions unless you're driving around clatsop or say peacock spit!! yikes

jb..... your going to love the console setup... and yeah why not a little columbia river rib rodeo!!

-porter
Old 01 February 2007, 14:40   #5

Town: Vancouver
Boat name: White Chocolate
Make: AB
Engine: 50 HP, 3.3 HP Merc
MMSI: 338079539
Send a message via MSN to PacificNWrib
Columbia,

Did you buy the boat? I think I saw that one for sale in the boattrader. Located somewhere is Olympia or Lacey, but it is no longer on the site.

I am going to try to get out this weekend and test this new (used) motor on my bombard. Does anyone know of a good service center in the Portland area for Johnson outboards?

I would like to get a tuneup done.
Old 04 February 2007, 05:03   #6

hey guys. haven't checked in for while.

i posted that thread a while back. i didn't buy it. i'm selling my C5 to fund new tubes for my 14ft. quicksilver/hbi jet rib. i'm sick of pounding in the chop with the sib.

hopefully i have it all sorted by spring and can do a columbia run with all of you.

andy
Old 04 February 2007, 12:18   #7

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Engine: 40hp 2 str
Another option is that Guy at Polaris can build you an aluminum hull to fit the tubes of your C5. It would probably be somewhere around 7-8K CDN. The C5 is hypalon, is it not?
Old 04 February 2007, 16:53   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie tuber View Post
Another option is that Guy at Polaris can build you an aluminum hull to fit the tubes of your C5. It would probably be somewhere around 7-8K CDN. The C5 is hypalon, is it not?
i thought about that. i park both boats side by side in the shop and try and invision wether i can put the c5 tubs on the rib. the rib has the channels like a zodiac to slide the tubes on. i would have to glue on channels just right.

hmmm.

they are pvc though.