Old 14 February 2010, 04:58   #1

Town: Camarillo, Ca
Boat name: Plan B
Make: Achilles
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard 30hp
What price should I ask?

I'm getting ready to sell my Achilles, but don't know what price to ask for it. Below is how the ad will read:

Boat - Achilles 14 foot Gray Hypalon material (model se-140). 5 air chambers with good valves (holds air well). Strong wood floor. LED navigational lights. Wood seat with velcro mounts. 4 side handles, 1 helmsman handle, 1 bow mounted large tow ring, 4 inner rings. Bow cover. Non-slip floor mat. Attached boat number plate. Always rinsed after each use and stored under cover. 4 pfds, 2 paddles boat cover, 12 volt pump, foot pump included.

Motor - 1982 Mariner 30 hp 2 stroke. Strong motor, just serviced. New fuel lines, filter and pump. New impeller. Spare prop. 2 metal 5 gallon fuel tanks. Always flushed with salt away after each use. Top speed of 30 mph on the Achilles. Engine stand included.

Trailer - 18 foot black, single axle trailer. Some rust. New tires.

Great set up for fishing, diving, surfing or just cruising. Can easily be towed behind larger boat to be used as a dingy. Boat and motor are in excellent condition for their age. Very low usage, stored for many years in its bag. The only reason I am selling is because I'm moving up to an 18 foot Achilles!

Any input would be great. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0003-1.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	49163   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0008.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	49164   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0004-1.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	49165   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0007.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	49166  
Old 17 February 2010, 05:08   #2

Town: Tobermory, Canada eh
Boat name: Verius
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Send a message via MSN to Stoo
The boat looks very clean. Is the transom sound? The trust board?

My guess is that the engine will reduce the value of the overall package, but my guess is that up here, you might get $2500 to $3500 bucks all in. Having said that, you might list it higher first to see if anyone bites... Maybe $5000, but I wouldn't leave it there long.

If it's not in great shape, you might be fortunate to get $1500.

Just my opinion, and assumes all the wood is sound and varnished, and the tubes are in as good a shape as them look. And the boat is a similar age to the engine.

www.wetspotimages.com
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2010, 05:55   #3

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Older SG models (one step up, as I recall) are selling in the 3K range, I think. Were, I should say, as since the financial thing happened, not really much of anything is moving.

I'd put it out at somewhere between 2500 - 4K and see if you get any takers. How high depends on how quick you want to get rid of it.

Luck;

jky
Old 17 February 2010, 06:24   #4

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40hp 2 str
I saw the 18 foot Achilles SIB that you had picked up in the the inflatable boat section - very nice! It may be worth hanging on to this and getting a pair of launching wheels so that you could use it on smaller back country lakes.