Old 31 May 2010, 18:26   #1

Town: Coopersburg
Boat name: The Hooligan
Length: 8m +
Engine: Twin Outboards
Tring to figure out

I have a 2005 2600 Angler CC with twin 150 Yamaha 4 strokes on it. The starboard side motor, has a more powerful stream of water coming out the overboard water hole from the motor, than the port motor does. The starboard motor has a solid stream of water while the port side has a stream but, at the end of the stream it falls off to a trickle. . . where the port side is a solid stream all the way through. I have felt the water coming from the port engine and it's not hot when it's run and hasn't set off the overheat alarm. I have heard froma few people that, some motors just don't have a strong stream of water that comes from them. Any Ideas ??? Thanks!!!
Old 01 June 2010, 02:13   #2

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Three things it's likely to be: impeller, clogged/encrusted water journals (not too likely if you flush it regularly), clogged telltale supply tube.

If you haven't had the impellers changed in the past couple of years, it's time to have it done (on both motors.) If you have, it may be wise to have the weak one done anyway (it's cheap insurance.)

You can remove the cowling, ID where the telltale comes out of the cowl, and trace the feed back to the block. Disconnect the tube there (it's going to spray water all over), and compare that stream to the other motor. If they're the same, you can blow compressed air or a high pressure stream of water from the telltale back through the tube to clear it. If the streams differ, it's the impeller or the water journals are being obstructed somehow.

Water journals: You could probably try running it in a tub with a bunch of Salt-Away or similar, but I would suggest taking it to a shop and having it flushed professionally. Obstructions are not necessarily salt.

Hey, wait a minute... An Angler isn't a RIB...

jky