Old 28 May 2022, 10:56   #1

Town: Connecticut
Make: Zodiac
Length: 6m +
Engine: Undecided
SRMN Retube Project

So about a year ago I was contacted by my states environmental police agency regarding leaks in their Zodiac SRMN. Expecting something normal, I headed to their service facility with my kit to track down the leaks. What I found was anything other than ordinary in this industry. Someone had contracted a marketing company to install a vinyl wrap on the tubes. The installer did a nice job right up to the point of trimming the vinyl along the edge of the lacing cuff (lifelines). Well, lets just says he made finding the leaks easy. The port side was cut over 11 feet long through two baffles and the starboard side over 7' long continuous and many small cuts. Unfortunately getting through the whole insurance process took many many months before we could start.

Attached are pics of what it looked like with the vinyl and after with a new custom tubeset installed. The agency uses the boat to promote boating safety and wanted something bright to stand out and not be confused with their Gray Enforcement RIBs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3458.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	140676   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0968.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	140677  
www.DinghyPro.net
cgoing is offline   Reply With Quote