Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBnet North America
Click Here to Login

Old 09 September 2006, 16:57   #1
Ran

Town: Hinton
Length: no boat
Newbie needs help with RIB purchase

Hello all.....I'm new to your forum. I would like some opinions on a RIB purchase. I've never owned a RIB before and want one that is safe in open water (EEC B rated). I want to be able to cruise with family as well as fish and do watersports (skiing etc). Two boats that I am considering are a new Zodiac 650 pro open for 30K CDN (14350 GBP) with T-top and nothing else, or a used 2004 Bombard 730DB (see the following link) for $59K (28200 GBP).

http://www.buysell.com/root/CPG/Infl...l?aid=53116943

If anybody has opinions on these boats, either good or bad, I would be very interested in hearing them. Thanks all

Cheers
Randy
Old 11 September 2006, 06:53   #2

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Doc;

Take a look at polarisboats.com. Might be a bit more expensive, but Guy can give you great advice. I can say from experience that he build great boats.

jky
Old 11 September 2006, 15:27   #3

Town: Ventura, California
Boat name: Maverick
Make: Ribcraft Mitigator
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 150 hp Johnsons
Hello Ran,

If your looking for a boat that can handle offshore conditions and is safe I would recommend a professional grade boat. We went with Ribcraft and are extremely pleased. The ride is great, it's very well built, the price is less than the Zodiac Hurricanes, their service was great, and they will build it to your specs.

Check out our site and other threads for more information and pictures and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Welcome to rib.net and good luck in your search.
Channelwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2006, 01:12   #4
Ran

Town: Hinton
Length: no boat
Thanks fellas for your kind replies....I'm looking into both those options. I e-mailed ribcraft usa and am currently waiting for a response. I don't think they have dealers in Canada so I don't know how orders are processed (ie: whether they ship direct or whether I have to find a US dealer to purchase through). I'll definitely call the guys at Polarisboats as well.

In my browsing I found a Canadian made boat --(Grand Marine) www.grandboats.ca --they make some nice looking boats that seem well outfitted . If anybody has experience or opinions on these boats I'd love to hear them. Also looking at the 24' AB Inflatable (Oceanus line)....Do they make a good boat???

Thanks again
Cheers
Randy
Old 13 September 2006, 08:35   #5

Town: Warsaw
Make: Parker Rib
Engine: 2.8 dsd mercruiser
Parker R.I.I.B'S

hI ,

You may want to have a chat with Andre, he is on this forum and have alook at Parker Ribs, they build to leisure spec aswell , very good build quality, tough , durable and very seaworthy. HAve a look at my thread force 7-8 in Łeba Poland it's in RIB GALLERY.
Old 13 September 2006, 15:55   #6

Town: Ventura, California
Boat name: Maverick
Make: Ribcraft Mitigator
Engine: 2 150 hp Johnsons
Ran,

Ribcraft doesn't sell through dealers. They do everything in house and you will see that they will respond to your email and provide great service. We believe so much in their product and that the RIB market is on the verge of exploding in the US that we are working with them to become a West Coast representitive.

Do contact us if you have any questions or need more info.
Channelwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2006, 18:48   #7

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Don't be fooled by the ratings - they are usually self certified by the makers - some will stick them on boats that just aren't suitable - others will err too much on the side of caution.