Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBnet North America
Click Here to Login

Old 06 September 2013, 23:03   #1

Length: 4m +
more info on the Hurrican Rib I will be getting rid of in FL.

I have a project I will be selling if I get the right price, or I will finish it and sell it for more. I wanted to see if anyone knew more about the boat. It is made in Canada, the brand is Hurricane Rescue craft, all I have been able to find out is that Zodiac bought out the company.

Mine is a 1986, Mic code is ZLH, is says Hurricane 400 on each side of the jocky console and it is coast guard orange, 14 foot in length. Oar pockets, keel guard, other stuff. It is in very good shape for its age, comes with a trailer and a 2000 Yamaha 50hp engine with controls, 130 compression on each cylinder. I got it from a fire department who had a mercury four strock on it but sold it with out the engine or controls. Five chamber tubes, the back two have very slow leaks.

I wanted to get more infor before I put it in the classified section. But if anyone is intrested I am in Central Florida, East coast. If I can figure out how to post pics I will get some up on here in the next few days. I am thinking $3500 the way it sits, if that is reasonable. I needed something bigger so I picked up a bigger boat.

KGrosse2@cfl.rr.com
Old 07 September 2013, 03:51   #2

Town: Pacific NW
Make: zodiac pro 420
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tiller 25 yamaha
I've spent some time in a 440 along with my zodiac 420 side by side. There's a night and day difference between the two. The 440's weight and deeper v makes it ride far superior.

3500 with that motor seems like a great deal for someone.

Tags
rib