Old 29 January 2008, 16:26   #1

Town: Langley
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard
Console on FC470?

Hello,

I have a Zodiac FC470 with the aluminium floor installed. I'm thinking of upgrading power, and at the same time adding a steering console. I've seen a few out there but I don't know which would be best. I've seen the jockey consoles which look good for keeping a lot of space open on the deck. Some that I've seen are designed for RIBs so the height is too tall for my boat. Also some are VERY pricey for a little piece of fiberglass!

Anyone have any recommendations or websites to check out?

Thanks!

Steve
Old 29 January 2008, 21:48   #2

Town: Tobermory, Canada eh
Boat name: Verius
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Send a message via MSN to Stoo
Hi Steve... Welcome to the forum..

A friend of mine used to have a Futura with this little console. It was very small and compact, but if he found the right girl, he would tell her it was a two-person seat.

I remember being impressed with the open space underneath it. The footprint is very small and I think he was able to fit his fuel can under the seat. I suspect it might be dear... anything from Zodiac is bound to be.. Could you fabricate something if you don't want to spend the money?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Z1443[1].jpg
Views:	312
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	32512  

www.wetspotimages.com
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2008, 00:51   #3

Town: Rhode Island
Make: avon
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp merc
hello Steve o, I too have a fc 470 but it has the roll up aluminum floor. I am going to use a small center console that you can buy at west marine. It is only 18" by 12" Very small footprint. The boat is stable enough to stand up in while under way. Ill try to get you a couple of pics soon. By the way, mayby you could help me out a bit. I dont know what kind of floor you have but the roll up floor is attached in the back to the transom by a board and bolts. And the front is usually held down by 2 large washers that are fastened to the thrust board by 2 bolts that go into a threaded sleave imbedded in the wooden boad. Would you happen to know the size of the bolts needed. I lost the 2 bolts I had and want to make sure I get the right ones again, thanks
Old 30 January 2008, 04:37   #4

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Engine: 40hp 2 str
Learning,

Do yo have a link to that west marine console? I have a 4.7m SIB pretty similar dimensionally to an FC470. I'm looking at fabricating some sort quick removeable jockey seat/jerry can bracket that allows me to operate a tiller. I want to stick with a tiller to maximize deck space (eg. If I wanted to load a small ATV in the boat), and for quick throttle & steering response.
Old 30 January 2008, 23:35   #5

Town: Langley
Make: Zodiac
Engine: Outboard
Thank you all.

Learning to fly, is it the Todd console with West Marine part number 419665? (I tried to Copy/Paste the link but it's really long).

As for the roll-up floor, I have one but I also don't have the bolts for it. I only use the aluminium hard-floor. I know the guy to ask, I'll see if I can find out.

I've been phoning around and the prices of the nicer jockey consoles are around $2500-3000, or $1000-2000 for the not-as-nice ones. The Vancouver boat show is next week, I'm going to hunt for deals there, otherwise I think I'm going to try fabbing something out of Al. Either way, I'll post some pics.
Old 03 February 2008, 14:25   #6

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Engine: 40hp 2 str
Let's see some pictures of those FC-470s!
Old 10 April 2014, 23:46   #7

Town: Portland
Boat name: Tilikum
Make: Zodiac FC-470
Engine: Suzuki DT-40
Reviving this old thread.

Has anyone put a console on a FC-470?