Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Boat covers

Anyone in the US that can recommend a supplier for a custom made boat cover? I have been scrubbing for two weeks and I do not want to do it again.
Thanks T.
PS. Just purchased a 1 gal jug of 409 kichen cleaner from CostCo for $10.00, with full 1 pint spray bottle. Best all purpose tube cleaner so far. Lifts the crap off and leaves a slight sheen.
Old 11 April 2008, 21:48   #2

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
[QUOTE=Limey Linda;243278] Anyone in the US that can recommend a supplier for a custom made boat cover? I have been scrubbing for two weeks and I do not want to do it again.
Thanks T.

www.defender.com has a wide range of boating accesories including custom boat covers.

Happy Boating
Old 14 April 2008, 01:59   #3

Town: Cleveland
Make: Nautica Widebody 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 225 4 stroke
Send a message via Yahoo to enwulff
You will need to take it to a local canvas shop or a local sailmaker who can custome fit it. No standard cover will fit. I had 2 made by Ulman Sails in Cleveland and they are great. Call Greg Koski.
Old 14 April 2008, 05:33   #4

Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Quote:
Originally Posted by enwulff View Post
You will need to take it to a local canvas shop or a local sailmaker who can custome fit it. No standard cover will fit. I had 2 made by Ulman Sails in Cleveland and they are great. Call Greg Koski.
Thanks, I have come to that conclusion. Need to find somewhere in AZ.
Old 14 April 2008, 07:50   #5

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by enwulff View Post
That won't be cheap, but these are. Several being tested in the Solent at the moment and qaulity seems good. Have a look at Marks post number 14.

http://rib.net/forum/showthread.php?...t=cover&page=2

I like the idea that they are light waterproof and squash down into there own bag about the size of a small rucksac.

Must be something similar available in the colonies, try e bay.

Pete
Old 09 May 2008, 20:55   #6

Town: Metro-Detroit
Boat name: SpodaFloat
Make: Mercury Quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard
RIB cover

I only have a Quicksilver 300 and its my first inflatable but I plan to cover it once I get it fully cleaned up.To be honest if I had the extra loot to throw around my 17 foot SeaRay would have a better cover. But thats where my thought of an idea come in. I was needing to cover this SeaRay last fall and was not willling to invest in a cover until I knew whether I was going for inside or outside storage. So to get by I had a huge piece of rubber roofing material called EDPM. They use this on commercial roofs and its white on one side. The stuff is durable as hell and I found out they also use it on motorhome roofs. So if buying some outright and putting in your own grommets would be feasible I think it would be awesome. Plus being anywhere remote I believe that some of this could be used to patch a tube quite readily.....Just my 2 cents....Good Luck....I also remember that if using a cover with ties for long term it is always a pain to untie all of them...While leaving my covered items in secure areas for short term I use those plastic hooks that screw onto a 2 liter pop bottle filled wth either sand or liquid..To store these you only have to steal a few of the plastic cases from the grocery store. and stack them neatly wherever.They work great and its a lot easier than untying everytime...Later MK
Old 09 May 2008, 23:11   #7
CAH

Town: San Diego
Make: Zodiac SRMN
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard 130hp
While I can't recommend a particular canvas shop I will tell you that Sunbrella fabric, http://www.sunbrella.com/ ,is an excellent choice of material. My current custom cover was produced in 2003 using Sunbrella and the fabric is as good as new, not to mention the boat is protected from the harsh outdoor conditions. Custom is the only way to go. Ensure the cover has an extra layer of herculite on the backside to prevent chaffing against metal and fiberglass components. As for price, talk them down and offer cash for a better deal. Small canvas shops love cash much more than credit and checks as I think it has something to do with Uncle Sam.