Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBnet North America
Click Here to Login

Old 07 November 2016, 23:13   #1

Town: vancouver island
Boat name: catatuide
Make: zodiac 630
Length: 6m +
Engine: diesel ib
24 ft Zodiac custom Jet boat ! Ex DND military.

Check out this neat boat I bought , I got lucky the boat looked terrible in the adds so it stayed reasonable.
24 ft made in 1997 Zodiac RIB AJ .
The diesel engine fired right up once fluids were added and the tubes are in ex shape yet needs a good cleaning still. Military in B.C musta stored it inside.
Engine is a supper charged KAMD 43 Volvo and a Kamewa (rolls Royce ) jet drive. does 38 knts according to one of the drivers I talked to at the base.
Hull had a lot of rain water in it when I got there but none had got into anything to damage it.
Im cleaning it up and keeping it. its a custom one of a kind boat the work in the hull is amazing the amount of stringers and bulkheads its built like a tank custom jet boat hull. Just had to get a few small parts for the Kamewa jet drive ordered and its up and running.
Zodiac did a compleat refit in 2011 . They told me they have the tube patterns still similar to a 733 set with some extra mounting points.
I was impressed how good and well made the Tubes are . they need a good cleaning tho but no sun damage. Hull looks fast to will be a great boat to go up the inside passage of Vancouver island and way up the inlets to the rivers at the head of knight inlet ect.
I removed that big lifting bar the thing weighed a lot. it can go back in if needed. I am installing a radar arch and t top to.
I have a very rare 27 Hp Yanmar Diesel outboard with only 200 Hrs on it ,I will mount on the back as a kicker as a back up.
Looks like a fun boat.
The K 22 rolls Royce Jet drives were 20 K can funds when new, has a 11 inch stainless impeller that is in mint shape not one nick in it. small parts are not bad price wise from Europe and still easy to get, a axial bearing in ones suppose to last like 5000 hrs.
I will post more as I clean it up.
I have a Shox shock mitigateing drivers seat for it I bought off Todd that should make driving the boat more comfortable (:

Old 08 November 2016, 00:58   #2

Town: San Francisco Bay
Boat name: SRMN 600
Make: Zodiac
Engine: Honda 90
Nice one! We need more pics! Interesting hull shape too.
Old 08 November 2016, 11:14   #3

Town: Connecticut
Make: Zodiac
Engine: Undecided
Is the hull on that one aluminum?
www.DinghyPro.net
cgoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 November 2016, 13:29   #4

Town: vancouver island
Boat name: catatuide
Make: zodiac 630
Engine: diesel ib
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoing View Post
Is the hull on that one aluminum?
Yes its heavy duty welded alum hull its a very unique custom hull , the hulls in ex shape no pitting anywhere, they put big zincs on the hull.
Zodiac and the Canadian navy were involved in the design and building its got a bunch of neat id plates.
I will take more pics once I clean her up abit if it ever stops raining here. Hull has hard chine and the center keel flattens off at the back for the jet drive intake.

Its sure a heavy duty jet drive im impressed with how well made it is. There is a reverse flush to as the Volvo Diesel has a Hurth marine HSW 630 H1 transmission and theres a control so you can back flush the drive if you sucked up seaweed or whatever. I like that as you can put it in neutral when you want to so the impleller is not turning which is good in real shallow water.

Tags
zodiac