Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04 March 2005, 12:14   #1
Louise's Avatar
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,039
What do I need to take with me when I take my boat across the channel?

Q What do I need to take with me when I take my boat across the channel?

A In order to satisfy legal requirements you should carry the following documents:

Passports for every person on board
Small Ships’ Register (SSR) certificate
Original invoices for the purchase of your boat, showing VAT paid
Proof that your vessel is Recreational Craft Directive (RCD) compliant if it was built or imported into Europe after 16 June 1998
Certificate of marine insurance
International Certificate of Competence (ICC)
Code Europeen de Voies de la Navigation Interieure (CEVNI) endorsement to ICC is required to use European inland waterways
Ship’s VHF radio licence (if radio is fitted and/or carried)
VHF Short Range Certificate (SRC) (if radio is fitted and/or carried)
E111(new style) in order to obtain medical treatment abroad.

Some countries may require you to carry (in addition to the above):
Translation of insurance certificate
Crew list.

You should also fly a red ensign and a courtesy flag (small maritime flag of the country or region you are visiting).

It’s also a good idea to carry your driving licence in case you want/need to hire a car while you are abroad.

Previous discussions:
France Feb 2004
Requirements for countries May 03

Other references:
Scorpion RIB Group on Facebook
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:41.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.