Old 26 January 2007, 18:55   #21

Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Iain,

Thanks for tip with regards the vaseline. I have done exactly the same as you. Now I'll need to get it off next week. I don't think much stays on because its such a tight fit. Its a good idea of yours with regards the static clip fitting. I'll have to get one of those.
The reason I put the light on the left hand side is because its easier for a passenger to operate it, but not me, doh, and because I already have the boats name in the centre of the console and didn't want to remove it. I see the spike as a place for storage mainly because if I need to look around I'll probably just hold it in my hand. But if I fit the static clip and its setup to point in the right direction I can turn the light on and off from a master switch on the dash. I have used the light, only where I live and its mighty powerful, lights the whole street. Could be very handy in the dark. Just hope somebody doesn't report me when I'm having a look at the Needles at night as somebody who needs help. With regards the console cover I think I can get away with it if I put the light in a locker. and put something over the spike to stop it chaffing. However I don't really use the cover, might do during the summer if I put it in a Marina, so its a problem i can manage at the moment. I want to keep the disconnecting of the light to a minimum as I don't think the Bulgin waterproof connector covers will stay in situ for too long if they keep getting moved about.

With regards Dry-bags, I bought a few at a reduced price last week from someone who had just given up canoeing. Never used so too good a chance to miss, but most of them are either not big enough for dry suits etc, but too large for wallets and cameras etc. So they are just stuffed in a locker on the boat, just in case.

Oh well, time to look for a bracket then.

Regards Nick R.