Old 03 June 2013, 11:01   #1

Town: South West
Length: 4m +
Updating my Fish Finder

Hello,

Just got a new boat and it has an old Eagle "SupraPro I.D." fish finder fitted and the screen on this has packed up so looking to replace it with a newer finder. I know that Lowrance and Eagle are the same company so am looking to some advice as to whether a new Lowrance fish finder such as the X-4 would be a direct replacement or would an adaptor be required or the wiring changed completely?

Many Thanks,
Dan
Old 04 June 2013, 08:37   #2

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
no idea about the Lowrance - Eagle compatibility, but do you have a plotter / sounder too?

Some of the lowrance (and therefore I assume Eagle) plotters have a built in sounder - and / or if it's an NMEA2000 plotter you can buy 2K sounders for about £70.

Granted that doesn't solve the "hole in your console when you take the old one out" problem.....

If you dive onto the Lowrance website they have a section for past product. You could maybe pull the manual(s) and compare the sounder units / connectiors etc. It may be Garmin I'm thinking of but I think they also tell you what accessorioes go with each machine.