Town: Torquay UK
Boat name: Casper
Make: Sweden Yacht
Length: 10m +
Engine: Volvo 28
Raymarine expert wanted

Carrying on from the Icom vhf thread !!
and thinking of have a good clear out/upgrade on the dash electronics side,

The rib has fitted at the moment a Raymarine 435 plotter, which i may replace with a E series unit, and put the 435 at the helm of the Sweden !

What i have on her is, at the lower chart table is Raymarine RL70 pathfinder radar and a RC530 plus chartplotter, with ST50 speed,depth & wind instruments, and a ST6000 on the helm, the ST50 seams to be interfaced with the Rc530 (i.e. wind speed etc,) and the ST6000 which also looks to be connected to the RC530( xte, dist to waypoint, speed etc.)

I would like to put the RC435 GPS Chartplotter from the RIB at the helm of the Sweden, I know the 435 uses Navionics Gold Cartography, whereas the RC530 Plus used C-map, Does anyone know if this can be done ?? and all 3 units interfaced together ??

I will then have a clear dash on the RIB, no 2 fishfinders,2 VHF's Raymarine 435 plotter etc, and start again, with 1 VHF. and a E series plotter

I hope this make some sence !!

Thanks for the help,, well appreciated
Old 12 February 2006, 11:33   #2

Town: Inverkip
Make: Redbay 11m Cabin
Engine: 2 x Yamaha422Sti 275
Why not send an enquiry to Raymarine Customer Support there good.
Andy
Old 13 February 2006, 13:43   #3

Town: Portsmouth
Length: 4m +
Send a message via MSN to daveh
Off the top of my head the raymarine 435 doesn't have seatalk only nmea, I think - would have to check up. SO if you linked up to an nmea source you would be able to repeat some data and send SOG, COG, active waypoints to autopilot, positional data to radios etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ101
Carrying on from the Icom vhf thread !!
and thinking of have a good clear out/upgrade on the dash electronics side,

The rib has fitted at the moment a Raymarine 435 plotter, which i may replace with a E series unit, and put the 435 at the helm of the Sweden !

What i have on her is, at the lower chart table is Raymarine RL70 pathfinder radar and a RC530 plus chartplotter, with ST50 speed,depth & wind instruments, and a ST6000 on the helm, the ST50 seams to be interfaced with the Rc530 (i.e. wind speed etc,) and the ST6000 which also looks to be connected to the RC530( xte, dist to waypoint, speed etc.)

I would like to put the RC435 GPS Chartplotter from the RIB at the helm of the Sweden, I know the 435 uses Navionics Gold Cartography, whereas the RC530 Plus used C-map, Does anyone know if this can be done ?? and all 3 units interfaced together ??

I will then have a clear dash on the RIB, no 2 fishfinders,2 VHF's Raymarine 435 plotter etc, and start again, with 1 VHF. and a E series plotter

I hope this make some sence !!

Thanks for the help,, well appreciated
Old 13 February 2006, 22:24   #4

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
daveh - to the best of my knowledge, you're 100% correct.
Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2006, 22:38   #5

Town: Torquay UK
Boat name: Casper
Make: Sweden Yacht
Engine: Volvo 28
Thank you all

Yep,, the Raymarine 435 etc does NOT use seatalk,
Looking into it more, it going to be more hassle that its worth, running two charting systems, seperate GPS input, possable interface problem etc

Most of the WPT.SOG etc data is allready sent to the ST6000 autopilot,

So i think the 435 will be staying on the Rib, and a new unit of some sort fitted to thr yachts helm !! hey-ho, was worth a try

Thanks again for the input

Regards Tim
Old 14 February 2006, 00:14   #6

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Some of the SL70 radar head units had hsb2. If yours has, you could buy one of the Raymarine colour plotters (RL70CRC Plus) which are selling at very good prices just now. You could send your radar info up to this unit. They have split screen radar/chart and radar overlay capabilities. You also get the GPS engine thrown in as a bundle. Your autopilot can send it heading info on the seatalk bus so it's marpa will work too.

Alternatively, you could replace the SL70 with the RL70CRC PLus plotter and use it for both radar and charting and then move your other unit as you originally planned. The RL70 is a straight fit into the SL70's hole but it does need a bit more depth to the rear. If your SL70 has hsb, you could reuse this at a different location as a radar display.

I have bought one of these to replace my Pathfinder SL70 radar display and it's display quality is excellent. It's clearer and sharper that my Garmin 2010 by a goodly amount. It now has 100 steps to the backlight in normal mode plus the same again in night time mode and a really good anti-reflective coating. Compared to the mono display, it just leaves it looking antiquated.
Old 14 February 2006, 12:42   #7

Make: FB 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker

I have bought one of these to replace my Pathfinder SL70 radar display and it's display quality is excellent. It's clearer and sharper that my Garmin 2010 by a goodly amount. It now has 100 steps to the backlight in normal mode plus the same again in night time mode and a really good anti-reflective coating. Compared to the mono display, it just leaves it looking antiquated.
Could not agree more, I have the same unit. BTW, if you contact Raymarine they will supply you with the latest firmware which does sort out a few bugs. They require a £50.00 deposit and return it in full when they get the card back. If you do not know which version you are on watch carefully at boot-up and take note of the version number just before the splash-screen.
Old 14 February 2006, 15:39   #8

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct01
.. if you contact Raymarine they will supply you with the latest firmware which does sort out a few bugs. .........version number just before the splash-screen.
I've not noticed any bugs but OK, cool. I'll check it out.