Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
RIBase
Plotter goes west!!

Hi folks
My plotter a Lowrance 3500 has gone west as the screen will not stop flashing and making clicking noises. Some ribbers have very kindly PM me to advise that it had happened tp them and what course of action they took and I will be following some of their advice.
In the meantime if I have to but new I was wondering if people have any advice as this unit only lasted three years and was not maltreated. I was wondering if Lowrance have a tendency to be short lived or am I and others just unfortunate.
Your comments would be appreciated as it is a must piece of equipment up here and must be reliable.
Many thanks.

J
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2009, 16:47   #2

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
I bought an LMS-525 to replace my somewhat intermittent LMS-320; within about a couple of months, it, too started acting up. Got an RMA number from Lowrance, pulled it from the console, and found that it had ingested a decent amount of water. Sent it back, and they sent a new one back. The new one has been trouble free for over a year.

If the screen is recycling, I would make sure you've got a steady supply of power to it. Sounds like it may (and that's a definite "may") be pulling the supply voltage down. other than that, send it in for repair/replacement.

jky