Old 27 March 2006, 19:43   #1

Town: Newcastle upon Tyne
Boat name: Happy Hours
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300 Verado
MMSI: 235040122
Navionics PC software

Just taken delivery of this new system. Very easy to install and interface is 100% simple. A nice way to plan trips in the comfort and warmth of your own home without the risk of running your boat battery flat.

Bought from Blue V in South Queens Ferry, could not reccomend enough, great service.

Ollie
Old 27 March 2006, 20:45   #2

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: The Black Pearl
Make: BRIG F400S
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40HP E-TEC
Hi Ollie, I also bought Navplanner - however when I installed it I get an error that it can't detect the reader. The reader is connected and can read other SD cards as well as the navionics one. Waiting on Blue V coming back to me with a solution. Is your reader also branded 'Dazzle*'?

Cheers,
Fraser
Old 28 March 2006, 04:07   #3

Town: Newcastle upon Tyne
Boat name: Happy Hours
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300 Verado
MMSI: 235040122
It is a 'Dazzle' yes. The only thing I found was I had the card inserted the wrong way around when I first installed it, meant I could not read the cards either. Card should be inserted with the brass connections facing up.. Did not find it very obvious to work out when I first used it. Maybe this may help..

Ollie
Old 28 March 2006, 07:22   #4

Yep, managed to work that one out - a bit strange though! I do have a built in MMC/SD reader in my laptop - it could be that conflicting with the reader, although I hope not!
Old 07 April 2006, 10:31   #5

Town: Jersey
Boat name: t/t
Make: Honda
Length: under 3m
Navionics nav planner

Is it possible to run this software on a laptop in a live state with gps feed from handheld or other nmea input or is it only for planning and saving waypoints??

I am using Navionics Gold on a Humminbird 987cx but would like to have separate plotter screen when using full screen sidescan on the humminbird unit.

Any suggestions appreciated??
Old 07 April 2006, 11:33   #6

Town: knebworth
Boat name: phoenix
Make: xs
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115 opti
Send a message via MSN to mark-f Send a message via Skype™ to mark-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlT
Is it possible to run this software on a laptop in a live state with gps feed from handheld or other nmea input or is it only for planning and saving waypoints??

I am using Navionics Gold on a Humminbird 987cx but would like to have separate plotter screen when using full screen sidescan on the humminbird unit.

Any suggestions appreciated??

HI KarkT,

The Navionics Navplanner software is in fact produced by PCplotter and is a stripped down version of their PCplotter 5000 product, you can upgrade the navplanner to full version for about £120 this then gives integration with GPS and applies tidal drift to the route calculation amongst other features, check it out to see the full spec and the upgrade prices :-

http://www.pcplotter.co.uk/features.htm

Still I find the ability to plan routes at home on the PC then load them onto my ribs plotter good enough for me.

Mark
Old 07 April 2006, 11:35   #7

Hi,
I finally managed to get it working after navionics sent me a new card reader...

It doesn't do live plotting I'm afraid, you'd need to look at PCPlotter for that, or one of the other PC navigation packages that use Navionics charts. There is a section on www.navionics.com (under Plotters > PC Software) which links to compatible PC plotter packages.

If you are looking for something cheap to cover a relatively small area, admiralty have a package which might do the job.

Fraser
Old 07 April 2006, 12:59   #8

Boat name: SOLD
Length: under 3m
Ollie
Are you using the platium chart, we have a new E80 but i have been to mean and busy to buy the chip.
for me its like going back to school my son as sused this and now is into bribey wouldant it be nice if it was like a car gps and you just put the post code in.
Roy