Old 13 May 2021, 17:10   #1

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
metz parts

anyone know of a place i could order a new stainless whip for my metz manta .i seem to have lost mine returning from easdale
Old 13 May 2021, 17:18   #2

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
anyone know of a place i could order a new stainless whip for my metz manta .i seem to have lost mine returning from easdale
Salty John has retired now. Just looked at Metz US site - so looks like these guys. Not sure if you can buy whip on it's own? Drop them an email and see what they say.

https://seasthedaymarine.co.uk/

Don't look as if they carry even a smidgen of the stock Salty John used to have. Four products in total!
Old 13 May 2021, 20:13   #3

Town: Surrey
Boat name: Fandango
Make: Ballistic
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 150
MMSI: 232028101
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
Salty John has retired now. Just looked at Metz US site - so looks like these guys. Not sure if you can buy whip on it's own? Drop them an email and see what they say.

https://seasthedaymarine.co.uk/

Don't look as if they carry even a smidgen of the stock Salty John used to have. Four products in total!
I was reading earlier about this new business venture - hope it works out for them.

I wanted to purchase a Metz last year, but because of my poor timing (Salty John retired, I had to go for a Procom
Old 13 May 2021, 20:20   #4
RIBnet Supporter

IMO if you can stretch to it, buy a new antenna and use the whip. The rest may come in handy if the existing base fails. Sod's Law being what it is and all.
Old 14 May 2021, 05:42   #5

thanks i have tried contacting seastheday marine but had no reply theres no tel no for them just an e mail so im not confident on them being my answer . i have thought about changing the full thing shake spear do a very similar thing https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shakespeare.../dp/B010F67H2C and will probably be easier to get parts for in future .or i could just buy a new metz but the shake spear is cheaper
Old 02 June 2021, 17:00   #6

Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Quote:
thanks i have tried contacting seastheday marine but had no reply theres no tel no for them just an e mail so im not confident on them being my answer
did you get a reply from seastheday marine? only asking as I know the guy and he would be gutted to think he had let anyone down, not like him at all!!
Old 02 June 2021, 17:12   #7

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
There's also Blue Marine Store based in sunny Mallorca!

Prices seem reasonable. https://www.bluemarinestore.com/metz...-whip-antenna/
Old 02 June 2021, 17:48   #8

Town: Wirral, Merseyside
Boat name: Carpe Diem
Engine: Evinrude 200hp
MMSI: 235109239
RIBase
Metz antennas UK

Hi BeerBelly and thanks to Chris Caton too. I thought I had replied to this query from you about purchasing a whip separately. They don’t supply them separately and I just buy the whole units together. At the moment I’m buying 50 units at a time and they’re going quite fast through my website and also through amazon. I’m due an order to be dispatched from America this week. I will email the company and ask them if they’ll pop in a separate whip. I’ll get back to you if you give me an email Ior I can reply privately on Ribnet . I started the business late last year after Salty John retired. I am the authorised sole UK and European distributor for Metz Antennas. My website is info@seasthedaymarine.co.uk.
I have tried to advertise on here but cannot get a reply from the motivator so I am trying alternative forums to advertise the website.
I am limiting the items that I stock at the moment to Metz Antennas, Pl259 connectors and Bowrail mounts.
I am sorry that you felt I didn’t reply I’m positive that I put a message on here to you with my phone number. I haven’t put a phone number on the website simply because I would get battered with phone calls at all times of day and night. The orders come in ftom anything from 4am to 2am. With Best regards Phil.
Old 03 June 2021, 06:49   #9

Town: Waterlooville
Boat name: Tickler
Make: Halmatic P22
Engine: Inboard Diesel 240HP
MMSI: 235115642
RIBase
It's good news that someone is continuing with the Metz antennas.

Just a note on the PL-259 connectors. I'm not sure the diameter of RG-8x cable is the same as RG-213.
Old 03 June 2021, 08:13   #10
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil and Jane View Post
My website is info@seasthedaymarine.co.uk.
I have tried to advertise on here but cannot get a reply from the motivator so I am trying alternative forums to advertise the website.
Hoping you have a stock of lightning conductors in stock - 'cos that comment was you standing in a pool of saltwater - waving a copper pipe at the black clouds...

Old 03 June 2021, 22:34   #11

RIBase
I have a reply from the States. I can get the whips separately and have asked for a consignment to be sent. I just need to work out the import duty and shipping when they invoice me and I can let people know what the price will be.
Old 04 June 2021, 00:00   #12

RIBase
Whip price and postage

Quote:
thanks i have tried contacting seastheday marine but had no reply theres no tel no for them just an e mail so im not confident on them being my answer . i have thought about changing the full thing shake spear do a very similar thing https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shakespeare.../dp/B010F67H2C and will probably be easier to get parts for in future .or i could just buy a new metz but the shake spear is cheaper
The more I think about this the more I think I can sort this out quickly.
I have ordered ten whips tonight from the States but until they go through Customs, I have no idea what the duty will be. The supplier, Metz haven’t given me the shipping cost yet. As a rough guess, I think I will charge £20 for each whip which will just cover the duty, shipping and purchase price. This is more about keeping Metz users happy than making a profit.
I have used the Parcel force calculator to work out what the weight and cost of posting the tube that these whips come in. Unfortunately, they are 90cm long, so the cost would be £10.32 for shipping from me to you.
That is going to be roughly £30 for a new whip including postage.
What I can do is take one of the units that I have here, remove the whip and ship that to you asap, possibly on Saturday morning. It would be with you by Tuesday.
When the other order arrives here from the States which is normally just over three weeks by the time it clears Customs, I can just replace the whip on the one that I have dismantled.
It just means that you can get out on the water with a functioning radio.
You probably know this but don’t transmit on the VHF set without an antenna being connected, because you will blow the set. I’ve seen it done at our club and we had to replace the set.
Let me know if this suits you. I am at work tomorrow at one of my jobs but can speak if you want to discuss this. If you have gone for a Shakesphere, don't worry, With best regards, Phil. 07966 527888.
Old 04 June 2021, 05:50   #13

hi thanks you had sent me a message and i just hadn't noticed it thanks . although i have bought and fitted the shakespear one i will ring you and order a whip for the metz rather than just binning the base . cheers