Old 06 December 2011, 15:42   #1

Length: 7m +
IPOD Marine Dock

Can anyone recomend a good marine Ipod Dock system and a supplier, I need to replace a faulty / damaged Aquatic AV model with a replacement or an alternative and am having problems with finding a supplier and hence considering a different model.
Old 06 December 2011, 15:51   #2

Town: New Forest
Boat name: Charlie Brown
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 275 Verado
MMSI: 235069179
Send a message via MSN to Zippy
We had a Kenwood one on the rib, front folds down and the ipod sits inside the unit and connects by cable. worked well but although it was rated as waterproof, i noticed some rust on some of the fixing screws not long after it was installed. (there should be some pictures somewhere on here)

Think Fusion do a good one as well.

if i was doing it again i would have a unit inside the console and a jack cable (or other method of connecting) into one of the lockers or glove box and a small remote control unit on the console.

less space taken up on the console and less to get wet and damaged!

on the supplier i sourced mine from various places on the web and had it installed but believe Marine AV have always been ok to deal with in the past www.marine-audio.com
Old 06 December 2011, 16:32   #3

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
I just fitted a fusion MSRA 200 .

I chose it as I can put my ipod (and infact any ipod apart form the 'shuffle') inside the console connected via a standard USB/ipod wire, well out of harms way and still have full control in a waterproof unit on the dash, and have FM radio and VHF played out through it too.

Not surewhat size 'hole' you may be looking to plug in the console but it ticked all my boxes .

Pete
Old 06 December 2011, 19:07   #4

Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Engine: none
MMSI: none
I fitted the Lowrance sonichub during the summer which goes inside the console.
Its absolutely brilliant and is much better than the various marine console mounted unis I was using.
Mine has an ipod and a usb stick in it all accessed via the plotter. If you have Lowrance HDS definitely the way forward.......
Old 06 December 2011, 20:58   #5

Town: Sussex
Make: RIBTEC 655
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yam 150
I've been disappointed with Fusions after sales, my IP600 has failed under warrantee but had no luck getting it fixed over here as it was bought online by previous owner, so I found the problem and contacted Fusion to get the replacement part, a very small and cheap part, they're sending me a second had part on some system where I have to pay the shipping to the courier once it arrives, could cost anything - will replace it with a unit that has proper support in the UK.
Old 06 December 2011, 21:13   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
We had a Kenwood one on the rib, front folds down and the ipod sits inside the unit and connects by cable. worked well but although it was rated as waterproof, i noticed some rust on some of the fixing screws not long after it was installed. (there should be some pictures somewhere on here)

Think Fusion do a good one as well.

if i was doing it again i would have a unit inside the console and a jack cable (or other method of connecting) into one of the lockers or glove box and a small remote control unit on the console.

less space taken up on the console and less to get wet and damaged!

on the supplier i sourced mine from various places on the web and had it installed but believe Marine AV have always been ok to deal with in the past www.marine-audio.com
Marine audio is the company I'm having problems with, they are incompetent in my opinion and advertise items being in stock which are not in stock. Been having hassle with them for months so would not touch them with a barge pole. I'm now contacting aquatic av directly but they also seem to be messing me about. Perhaps fusion is the way to go.
Old 06 December 2011, 21:58   #7

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Bubbas Bouy
Engine: Mercruiser
RIBase
I have had a Fusion on mine for 18 months and been delighted with it, no problems so far.... Only disappointment is that it didn't take my iphone 4 when I got it, however the new Fusions do.

Sent from my iPhone using Rib.net
Old 07 December 2011, 00:06   #8

Town: Bournemouth
Boat name: Seadrive
Make: Capelli Tempest 470
Engine: Suzuki DF70
MMSI: 235079113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
I have had a Fusion on mine for 18 months and been delighted with it, no problems so far.... Only disappointment is that it didn't take my iphone 4 when I got it, however the new Fusions do.

Sent from my iPhone using Rib.net
Second that - Fusion is the way to go
Old 07 December 2011, 07:48   #9

Town: Hamble
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by longjohn View Post
Second that - Fusion is the way to go
Absolutely, been using them for a while now, with excellent service on the one occasion i needed a part!
Old 07 December 2011, 11:45   #10

Town: Bournemouth
Boat name: Seadrive
Make: Capelli Tempest 470
Engine: Suzuki DF70
MMSI: 235079113
Yep sent me free of charge an appropriate internal cradle for a different iPod (3rd gen Nano) that I aquired
Old 07 December 2011, 16:47   #11

Town: Sussex
Make: RIBTEC 655
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yam 150
Crikey, where did you guys go for support? I've been banging my head against a brick wall.
Old 14 December 2011, 16:28   #12

Bit of an update on this one, just had a major result, as Marine AV were messing me about and I was having difficulties via another source, was about to purchase a Fusion unit, however a chap from a european office who works with Aqautic has been trying to help out and has just had yesterday evening a brand new boxed Aquatic AV Ipod head unit system delivered to my door (at no cost) im very pleased after many months of hassle trying to get a new one and they have given it to me free of charge. Can't really get a better result than that, I really like the units so perfect christmas present, just shame my old one got damaged somehow, hopefully this unit will be fine.