Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Electrics and electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 31 May 2012, 11:20   #81

Town: Breda
Make: Scorpion
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude 250 DI
@Leapy: I don't get any answer from the Tracker anymore.
The box and other details show that's original but I'm afraid it's a clone. The seller says install the CD and it will work, but I have a Mac and the software is for PC. And I can't get an ID and/or Password to install the software.

Send an E-mail to Xexun:

Dear Xexun People,

Would like to buy the Tracker 102-2 directly from you to avoid getting a clone, as I did before buying one here in the Netherlands.
Could you please tell me if this is possible and what would it cost, including shipping to the Netherlands?

Kind regards,

Mark Mulders

A. v. Bergenstraat 370
4811 SZ Breda
Netherlands
Old 31 May 2012, 13:22   #82

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapy
I'm not familiar with the 'Check' function you talk of but my TK102 is three years old so newer ones may be different or have more functions.

If I call my tracker I get two rings, it answers and then immediately hangs up. Approx 15 secs later I get an SMS from the tracker that looks like this:

lat: 52.609923 long: -001.515033 speed: 000.0 31/05/12 11:57 bat:F signal:F imei:354776031842435

PD: Is this what you see?
Yup, two rings, hangs up & then text message with the info similar to yours.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2012, 16:42   #83

So calling the tracker doesn't work as I wrote before. All the time the tracker is engaged.
Movement Alert and Overspeed Alert neither.

Now I tried Track Every.... and there I put in 1 min. And the tracker answers every minute with its position. So that part works fine, but is hardly of any use to me.

Now I'm going to try Geofencing. I'll let you know.
Old 31 May 2012, 17:26   #84

Someone told me to put voicemail off on my iPhone, is that correct or does it not make any difference?
Old 31 May 2012, 21:13   #85

Town: Chesterfield
Boat name: Sea Quell
Make: Picton Cobra
Engine: Mercury 150 4 Stroke
MMSI: 235038298
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkM View Post
Someone told me to put voicemail off on my iPhone, is that correct or does it not make any difference?
Hi Mark
I think it is that you must have voicemail/messaging turned off on the sim in the tracker
I have never used a cd / PC software either -like Leapy and Dave

Jeff
Old 31 May 2012, 21:19   #86

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Hi Mark
I think it is that you must have voicemail/messaging turned off on the sim in the tracker
I have never used a cd / PC software either -like Leapy and Dave

Jeff
I tried installing the software, but I couldn't fathom out what it was supposed to do, it just seemed to launch IE on an empty webpage
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Old 01 June 2012, 04:40   #87

Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Keep hearing and reading this but I have no idea why. If the tracker, when working correctly, answers and hangs up almost immediately how does the voicemail become a player??? I just don't understand...there's no logic there at all
Old 01 June 2012, 04:41   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
I tried installing the software, but I couldn't fathom out what it was supposed to do
Or why you'd need it
Old 01 June 2012, 08:24   #89

I read on a forum for GPS Tracking Systems that for antitheft purpose you only need SMS and not GPRS. For GPRS you need to install the software of the cd on your pc.

Today I turned off voicemail on my iPhone, send SMS to the tracker for Geofence, Speed Alert and Move Alert and it worked!!! Even all three of them at the same time. Got every 3 minutes a SMS for each of the alerts.

Still can't call the tracker. The answer is: "engaged we will connect you to voicemail or you can send a SMS".
Is it possible that I need to turn voicemail on the SIM-card in the tracker off as well?
Old 01 June 2012, 08:30   #90

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
The voicemail on mine is turned on - that shows I know the battery has finally died , or the 12v supply has fallen out due to bumpy trips in the boat . I'm pretty convinced I have a clone , but it works for me as as I only ever call it and get a text back with lat & long. The web link I get has stopped working however as all I get is 'invalid request' ...
Old 01 June 2012, 10:46   #91

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkM
I read on a forum for GPS Tracking Systems that for antitheft purpose you only need SMS and not GPRS. For GPRS you need to install the software of the cd on your pc.

Today I turned off voicemail on my iPhone, send SMS to the tracker for Geofence, Speed Alert and Move Alert and it worked!!! Even all three of them at the same time. Got every 3 minutes a SMS for each of the alerts.

Still can't call the tracker. The answer is: "engaged we will connect you to voicemail or you can send a SMS".
Is it possible that I need to turn voicemail on the SIM-card in the tracker off as well?
it's the answer phone on the tracker sim that you have to switch off. Put the sim into an ordinary phone & go into the settings or whatever you have to do with the particular service provider & switch off the answering service. Eg on Orange you call the answer phone & use the menu system to disable the answerphone. Then when you have done that, put the sim back into the tracker. You only need GPRS if you are using a server to display the tracker position on an online map service, if you are just using SMS you can switch GPRS off.
Old 01 June 2012, 15:11   #92
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp plus
I hope you know the password now to set up your phone with your unit. If you have the password which is a 6 fig number (I think) and have set your phone to tracker , to test send nomove plus passnumber with no gaps the text reply should come back nomove ok.
Old 01 June 2012, 16:58   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
it's the answer phone on the tracker sim that you have to switch off. Put the sim into an ordinary phone & go into the settings or whatever you have to do with the particular service provider & switch off the answering service. Eg on Orange you call the answer phone & use the menu system to disable the answerphone. Then when you have done that, put the sim back into the tracker. You only need GPRS if you are using a server to display the tracker position on an online map service, if you are just using SMS you can switch GPRS off.
I did so, and when I call the tracker now I stil hear it's engaged. But no "we will connect you to voicemail or you can send a SMS" anymore.
Wonder why it's not working like yours. That's the only part failing at the moment.
In the iPhone App all components are working, so is SOS and even Shock Sensor Alarm as it's a TK102-2.
Old 01 June 2012, 19:07   #94

The only thing I can think of now is to remove the tracker battery, wait a while, put the battery back in, and then see what's what. There's been a lot of button punching, calling, texting, swearing and tantrums. A soft reset may sort out the remaining issue

Perhaps ;-)
Old 02 June 2012, 08:16   #95

@Leapy: I did that several times but the problem still remains.
In the manual on the CD:

3. Begin to use
If you only want the coordinate of the tracker,just make a call to it,the GPS tracker will automatically hangup and send you a message reporting it’s coordinate.
Note: The tracker must set to its ”Tracking mode” (It’s the default setting) to report it’s geographic coordiante. Send a message command “tracker123456″ will set the mode into “Tracking mode”.
The geographic report will containt its longitude and latitude coordinate as follow:
The first number is the longitude and second number is the latitude.

This is what I did again this morning, started all from the beginning. Could it be that I have the newest tracker TK102-2 and that you can't call it?
Sending and receiving SMS is no problem anymore.
Old 02 June 2012, 14:08   #96

Mark...My tracker is definately not a 102-2. What that means in terms of functionality I don't know.

I have this vague recollection from my clone that after having gone through swearing, tantrums and shouting "work you bloody thing" that it also wouldn't answer calls. Then, without me knowing why or how, it started up again. Not much help I'm afraid.

Another desperate suggestion then...take the battery out again and leave out overnight. Take the SIM out and put into a mobile phone and use it - send a few texts, call the house phone or whatever a couple of times. Let the calls connect - that is, let the calls be answered - to make sure the SIM is fully functional and not messed up too. Then put it back in the tracker and try again. Again, I've got a vague recollection this is what I did.

I'm away a week now - on the RIB! - so my replies may be delayed.
Old 05 June 2012, 15:58   #97

Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Hi I had a clone unit and an original.

The main issue I had with the clone is that the quality of GPS lock was a bit flakey and I kept getting false "MOVE!" alerts.

However I can remember in the early days that I had issues with the carrier I was using for the SIM card. I found that a Vodafone PAYG Sim was fine however another PAYG sim was not and I kept getting no answer or an enaged tone when I called.

My advice is try another SIM making sure you have the answer phone turned off on it.

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2012, 22:06   #98

Length: under 3m
Hello,

If you are facing any problem with commands by SMS, you can ask us here, that we will try to help you out, because we already faced a lot of problems with clone devices and such.

Our application for Android, named Austral GPS Car Tracker TK SMS, supports a lot of manufacturers of GPS Tracker (Xexun, Coban, ZY International, Zclelec, Meitrack (Meiligao), ELRO, etc).
You can download it at the official Android Market (Google Play):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rtracker.trial

You can also read more about it on Austral Systems

Thank you,
Austral Systems