Old 07 September 2017, 03:02   #1

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
Heat mapping

For those who either keep their boat on a mooring or just haven't looked into the latest update for hds gen 3 units, this latest update has a fantastic new feature.

Heat map leaves a trail similar to you track, only this leaves a temperature colour trail. This has to be one of the best things I've seen for sometime as even shallow river systems will have variants in temp due to depth and water movement etc

For the game fisherman monitoring the temp gauge onscreen can be a pain while keeping an eye on everything else while driving the boat and remembering how far back the temp change was can be tricky to say the least. Now you can look back over the whole journey to spot any clues where fish may possibly be, there's also some info on what optimum temps fish prefer. There's also heaps of scientific info on the web.

This feature will also come in handy when we head into the water as a few degrees warmer will increase our time in the water greatly, normally I just head to a spot look at the temp and say this going to be cold ( yesterday 2hrs in the water in 14'c water with a 3mm suit).

This is going to be a real game changer for me and can't wait to get out and use it more.