Boat name: Bluefin
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150hp
MMSI: Ex Directory
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
Hi GPSGuru

Thanks for the reply , good to hear your happy with it .... Bad that your very happy with it , for my pocket that is , I can see your descriptive words Exceptional and Excellent costing me more money than I was planning at some point !!!

But then I guess we are getting better quality electronics and resolution all the time ..........

Looking forward to seeing some real world screen shots though :-)

cheers

Ian
I have only just scratched the surface with some of the settings ........

Here are a couple of screen grabs, with the forward scanning sonar looking at 100ft in front of the boat ........ On these the gain is set very high (about 93%) as i was playing at the time, normally the gain would be on auto and there would be much less visible noise.

On screen gain adjustment is by tapping the arrow at the top of the screen

This is showing a shoal of very small Joey's (about 75mm /3 inch long) that are centred at about 75ft - 100ft in front of the boat and are 20ft deep .........

Click image for larger version

Name:	02JUL19_0828_00.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	129956

This is the same area showing a 8mm polyprop pot rope at 100ft in front the the boat ..............

Click image for larger version

Name:	02JUL19_0810_00.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	129957

Next step is to engage the AHRS (attitude and heading reference system) and calibrate the transducer compass as this apparently will have quite a large effect in tidying up the sonar returns .........

It automatically switches from forward view to down view once your speed goes above 8 - 10knts
Old 04 July 2019, 21:27   #22

Town: Cornwall
Boat name: Matchless
Make: Ribcraft 6.8m
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 3.4l 225 V6
MMSI: 232028056
RIBase
Stupid question from a stupid guy - is this on the bow or transom? If the former fo you have another on the latter?
Old 04 July 2019, 22:18   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickW View Post
Stupid question from a stupid guy - is this on the bow or transom? If the former fo you have another on the latter?

Its on the transom .......... so on the screen grab the zero point is the transducer, therefore anything that shows up in the first 20ft is right under the boat ........

On one side of the transom I have the LVS32 transducer and on the other side I have a GT52 Transducer ...... which is why I am careful coming on and off the slip as there is £1500 hanging off the back level with the waterline !
Old 05 July 2019, 06:54   #24

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpsguru View Post
I have only just scratched the surface with some of the settings ........

Here are a couple of screen grabs, with the forward scanning sonar looking at 100ft in front of the boat ........ On these the gain is set very high (about 93%) as i was playing at the time, normally the gain would be on auto and there would be much less visible noise.

On screen gain adjustment is by tapping the arrow at the top of the screen

This is showing a shoal of very small Joey's (about 75mm /3 inch long) that are centred at about 75ft - 100ft in front of the boat and are 20ft deep .........

Attachment 129956

This is the same area showing a 8mm polyprop pot rope at 100ft in front the the boat ..............

Attachment 129957

Next step is to engage the AHRS (attitude and heading reference system) and calibrate the transducer compass as this apparently will have quite a large effect in tidying up the sonar returns .........

It automatically switches from forward view to down view once your speed goes above 8 - 10knts

Oh stop it will you[emoji1] this is going to cost me a fortune [emoji15]
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 July 2019, 20:34   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
Oh stop it will you[emoji1] this is going to cost me a fortune [emoji15]

Hopefully Dave, I will get out early next week and post up some more screen grabs .

This evening was plan A, but the slip is mega busy due to it being the airshow tomorrow and I cant be ar$ed jockeying for position ....... Monday will be nice and quiet ......

I now need to do the panoptix fine tuning and then get out over the inshore wrecks (9 miles out) in about 150ft of water ..........