Old 22 May 2007, 19:09   #1

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Fish finder for Raymarine C120

Spoke to my dealer today to see about adding this option to my excellent C120. I have a Ray-marine depth gauge but the transducer is different for the fish finder apparently, then he told my how much it all costs to add it in. Any of you trade chaps looking to off load said kit for reasonable money ?
Old 22 May 2007, 19:25   #2

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Bigmuz7

The cheapest place in the UK for the DSM300, for that is what you need, is raydirect.co.uk based in Bristol. They sell at about 30% off list price.

Beware the cheap imports from the states as there was some problems with the first DSM300s when connected to a 24V supply, and some of these units have been 'grey exported' with a blown power supply by dodgy dealers.

Nasher.
Old 22 May 2007, 19:40   #3

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
My DSM300 works fine - occasionally it loses connection but a reboot solves the problem(sound familiar)!!!

I have a stern mounted transducer and wish I didn't - get a through hull one - you may not get the temp or speed readouts but they are crap anyway!!!

It really is a great piece of kit - was interesting to watch it go beserk when we had a huge shoal of Mackrel under us - couldn't even see the bottom - 60ft of water one minute - 20ft the next.
Old 23 May 2007, 13:04   #4

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Engine: Etec 90
Thanks for that guys, think I'll phone them cos I wanted a through hull transducer for my depth sounder too , as the transom unit keeps kicking up at speed throwing some spray on my motor in the process grrrr... but its still a lot of dough to find some tiddlers eh ! £390 without the transducer!
Old 23 May 2007, 13:08   #5

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
But it's also great to tell you all about what's going on under the hull - mine is invaluable in an area where you can be 3 miles out yet you can get out and walk!!!
Old 23 May 2007, 17:40   #6

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
But it's also great to tell you all about what's going on under the hull - mine is invaluable in an area where you can be 3 miles out yet you can get out and walk!!!
So it was you I saw moored up on the Hooper Bank
Old 23 May 2007, 18:04   #7

Town: Ayrshire
Boat name: Raven
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: 150 suzuki
MMSI: 235040525
Mine is through hull DSM300,give temp, it's not needed rebooted? I've only had through hulls in the past screwing it in on the back looks so fragile to me...I'd forget it was there and break it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
My DSM300 works fine - occasionally it loses connection but a reboot solves the problem(sound familiar)!!!

I have a stern mounted transducer and wish I didn't - get a through hull one - you may not get the temp or speed readouts but they are crap anyway!!!

It really is a great piece of kit - was interesting to watch it go beserk when we had a huge shoal of Mackrel under us - couldn't even see the bottom - 60ft of water one minute - 20ft the next.