Old 25 July 2022, 21:51   #1

Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250hp HO
Circuit breaker push to operate

My intelligent bilge pump keeps ruining batteries.

Consequently I need a way to isolate the bilge pumps when on land. Currently they are wired direct to battery via blue sea circuit breakers.

I知 toying with another isolator for bilges or circuit breakers that are switchable, like a switch so I can replace the three bilge pump blue sea breakers with a switch type circuit breaker and operate them when boat is on land.

Although the rear distribution panel is in the rear seat. I would prefer something weather proof, so far I can only find eta breakers that are turn off able. But I知 not convinced they are in anyway waterproof.

Any suggestions for waterproof or water resistant switchable circuit breakers. If not I値l fit another bilge isolator switch.
Old 25 July 2022, 22:04   #2

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtflash View Post
My intelligent bilge pump keeps ruining batteries.

Consequently I need a way to isolate the bilge pumps when on land. Currently they are wired direct to battery via blue sea circuit breakers.

I知 toying with another isolator for bilges or circuit breakers that are switchable, like a switch so I can replace the three bilge pump blue sea breakers with a switch type circuit breaker and operate them when boat is on land.

Although the rear distribution panel is in the rear seat. I would prefer something weather proof, so far I can only find eta breakers that are turn off able. But I知 not convinced they are in anyway waterproof.

Any suggestions for waterproof or water resistant switchable circuit breakers. If not I値l fit another bilge isolator switch.

Can稚 you just put a carling switch or similar in series with the CB?
My bilge pump comes off the battery side of the isolator/in-line fuse/carling switch/pump.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 07:21   #3

Hi. Yes it’s an option. I’m a little constrained on space but I’ll have a measure up.

Rear distribution box is only box with permanent 12v. Front dash mount dis block and cbs are isolated.
Old 26 July 2022, 10:08   #4

Town: Waterlooville
Boat name: Tickler
Make: Halmatic P22
Length: 6m +
Engine: Inboard Diesel 240HP
MMSI: 235115642
RIBase
+1 on what PD has done.

If it is in the rear seat and you have space constraints on the console, could you put the whole lot in an Index Marine box in the rear seat to keep it weathertight with just the switch on show?
Old 26 July 2022, 20:40   #5

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtflash View Post
Hi. Yes it痴 an option. I知 a little constrained on space but I値l have a measure up.

Rear distribution box is only box with permanent 12v. Front dash mount dis block and cbs are isolated.
I have similar set up on my nautica ,auto float is wired direct with inline fuse but carling switch is fed via mcb but with a diode between mcb and carling to stop back feed when operated in auto ??
Old 29 July 2022, 18:13   #6

I think I have a spare carling to put under rear seat. It痴 a waterproof box and it will be easiest option. I can turn it off when I shut off isolator if on land.

Thank you