Old 17 March 2015, 20:19   #21

right, everything you should need to know is here (assuming your outboard is compatible, which i think it is)

http://www.lowrance.com/Global/Lowra...Connection.pdf

you will definitely need the engine cable- (note what i said earlier, if you are stuck phone clyde outboard services and ask for Cameron, he has already had to do this for me. you will need the adapter updated to v2.9, no other version will work. as you have a lowrance you can actually do it yourself i think, but best getting it right from the get go from sooz. for reference my dealer told me it comes from sooz with 2.8, it was actually 2.7 it arrived with...both equally as useless.
Suzuki Engine Interface Smis 2.8.0 (990C0-88148-000)

i suspect you will also need this cable- Suzuki Outboard SMIS Basic Components "K8 Adapter" (990C0-88141) | eBay

you will also need a network starter kit that you already have a price for.

i paid about 150 quid all up for my kit 8 weeks ago FYI in the UK. All my analog gauges still work, all i have left to do is rig up a basic loom to get my trim working over NMEA.

sorry i can't give you specifics as i don't have lowrance, but it is all pukka on my garmins. if you need more help then the hull truth thread is superb if somewhat long reading.

hope that helps.

cheers
Old 17 March 2015, 22:30   #22

Town: Chester
Boat name: Black Hawk
Make: Osprey Vipermax 6.8
Length: 6m +
Engine: Etec 200 HO
MMSI: 235114488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xk59D View Post
right, everything you should need to know is here (assuming your outboard is compatible, which i think it is)

http://www.lowrance.com/Global/Lowra...Connection.pdf

you will definitely need the engine cable- (note what i said earlier, if you are stuck phone clyde outboard services and ask for Cameron, he has already had to do this for me. you will need the adapter updated to v2.9, no other version will work. as you have a lowrance you can actually do it yourself i think, but best getting it right from the get go from sooz. for reference my dealer told me it comes from sooz with 2.8, it was actually 2.7 it arrived with...both equally as useless.
Suzuki Engine Interface Smis 2.8.0 (990C0-88148-000)

i suspect you will also need this cable- Suzuki Outboard SMIS Basic Components "K8 Adapter" (990C0-88141) | eBay

you will also need a network starter kit that you already have a price for.

i paid about 150 quid all up for my kit 8 weeks ago FYI in the UK. All my analog gauges still work, all i have left to do is rig up a basic loom to get my trim working over NMEA.

sorry i can't give you specifics as i don't have lowrance, but it is all pukka on my garmins. if you need more help then the hull truth thread is superb if somewhat long reading.

hope that helps.

cheers

Thanks for your help much appreciated. I'm actually up in Glasgow most weeks on business so might pop in to Clyde Outboard services and pick up the engine cable and network starter kit. I'm a complete novice when it comes to boat electrics but I'm sure I can work it out. Reading about my 2006 engine it would appear the connector is inside the cowling which is a pain but I'm sure I can find a solution! What does the K8 connector do?

I will drop you a line and let you know how I get on

Cheers

Johnny
Old 17 March 2015, 22:36   #23

They dont have the parts in stock, but got mine next day for me.

The k8 is simply a gender change.expensive I know. If you are bothered you can make your own loom up and save the 60 quid or so, you can get the plugs from USA but probably end up near as damn not worth the hassle. Double check which one you need though as there are a couple of options.

My plug is also under the cowling, hardest part is running a cable to console. Was quite easy with the RC though...your mileage ofcourse may vary.

I ended up with an 8m cable from engine to my plotters.

If you are up here I can show you how I plumbed mine in if it helps, my boat isn't far from Cameron.

Cheers
Old 19 March 2015, 23:03   #24

Town: Chester
Boat name: Black Hawk
Make: Osprey Vipermax 6.8
Length: 6m +
Engine: Etec 200 HO
MMSI: 235114488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xk59D View Post
They dont have the parts in stock, but got mine next day for me.

The k8 is simply a gender change.expensive I know. If you are bothered you can make your own loom up and save the 60 quid or so, you can get the plugs from USA but probably end up near as damn not worth the hassle. Double check which one you need though as there are a couple of options.

My plug is also under the cowling, hardest part is running a cable to console. Was quite easy with the RC though...your mileage ofcourse may vary.

I ended up with an 8m cable from engine to my plotters.

If you are up here I can show you how I plumbed mine in if it helps, my boat isn't far from Cameron.

Cheers

Hi I'm going to have a look at the boat this weekend and give Cameron a call next week - I'll let you know how I get on and maybe give you a bell if I have any questions. cheers