Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Engines & props
Click Here to Login

Old 02 April 2005, 21:49   #21

Town: Ardnamurchan
Make: Domar Corsair
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 20HP
MMSI: What?
The engine works fine! It just has a few minor mishaps (its an oooold engine)
Anyway, i challenge you to find a 20HP outboard that works, and has a charge circuit on it... for a reasonable price!

This machine is a absolute beast, but it has not been maintained propperly, it has sat in a shed for 4 years, my brother bought it of a friends uncle (boat + outboard, who had used it once and parked it up...
So far i have spent 160 quid in total, two new coils,( @60 quid each) HT leads, Sparkplugs, and some new gear oil.. and it now seems to work propperly.. i only had the problems because some idiot (brother) had taken it to bits claiming to "fix it" and not putting it back together with the right bits in the right spot... when all that was wrong was the coils being broken, and grounding from time to time!

Anyway, im happy with the engine, i suspect that this is all it needs and it will go a looong way, i might do up the boat etc and then sell it and get a propper RIB... boats like this are sought after up here, especially with a big engine for its size/type of boat.....

Weeeeee