Old 09 June 2021, 10:48   #1

Town: Boyle
Boat name: Zodiac yachtline
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: petrol 2stroke 55hp
Yamaha Control Box issue

I currently am revamping a zodiac yachtline 4.7m rib, which is powered by a 2 stroke 55hp mariner/yamaha from around the 90's. I have recently added a new set of controls to the boat a set of yamaha 703 and ran the cables back to the engine. My issue however starts when I go to put it in gear. Neutral is full throttle and full throttle is the slowest it will go leaving me with no reverse and no neutral. I reckon my issue it to do with control box and thinking it could be Im using a push one when my boat requires a pull yamaha box or visa versa. Has anyone any experience or have any idea if I'm headed in the right direction to fix this issue? hopefully is might be something different again? Thank you in advance any advice at all is greatly appreciated.
Old 09 June 2021, 17:40   #2

Town: wormit
Boat name: lots of them
Make: various
Length: no boat
Engine: all types
You need to flip the moon inside the box by separating the rivets it pivots on and turn the fast idle spindle 180 degree. Plenty videos on you tube on how to do it but do not attempt this if you are not confident on reriveting the brass bush, things can go horrible wrong if this breaks.
The part to buy is +/- £90

Tags
yamaha